REO Grande newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikbtops

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2009
 ̄\_(",)_/ ̄
I just got my REO Grande after using a 5 volt GLV2 for the better part of a year.
Both are great, but I'm really enjoying this mod so far. I'm using it a 3.7 with the 2000 mah 18650.
I vape mostly Ms. T's juices. I've tried 6 volts with two cr123 and it seemed like a bit much. What carto's would you recommend at 6 volts? Are the boge 3.0 I've been using the best way to go? What are your preferences of 3.7 vs 6 volts.
Are thicker or thinner juices better at 6 volts?
Thanks in advance.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
Hey IKB,
Welcome..

Boge at 3ohm probably is gonna be too hot for that carto at 6+V using 123 Batts.

You are probably better off to go with 3.7 and using LR attys (Like 1.5-2.0 ohm) or using HV attys at higher ohms for 6vlts.

If you are a carto fan only then I am not sure who sells cartos over 3 ohms but that would be what is needed unless you like a hot vape.

You can always use a Kick and adjust voltage in the Reo to what you like with a 3 ohm carto..

Good luck..

ikbtops

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2009
 ̄\_(",)_/ ̄
Thanks for the welcome and dance guys! I'll post pics soon.
I notice the with the drip tip in the carto it tends to mellow things out a bit. I also realized tonight I'm supposed to squeeze until I see a bit of juice enter the bottom of the reservoir. I was blind squonking up until then. I'll probably switch back and forth depending on my vaping needs. My 3.7 set up has been with 1.8 ohm carts. I stay at 6 mg nic, with 6 volts I might even be able to go nic free and still feel a little kick. Speaking of, where can I get a kick for the batts?

Sterno

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 12, 2010
Oklahoma City
www.reosmods.com
congratulations_comment_25-fcc9bb153b68d30f2f048c85955cc022.jpg

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I notice the with the drip tip in the carto it tends to mellow things out a bit. I also realized tonight I'm supposed to squeeze until I see a bit of juice enter the bottom of the reservoir. I was blind squonking up until then. I'll probably switch back and forth depending on my vaping needs. My 3.7 set up has been with 1.8 ohm carts. I stay at 6 mg nic, with 6 volts I might even be able to go nic free and still feel a little kick. Speaking of, where can I get a kick for the batts?

If you're asking about The Kick by Evolv, a list of Authorized Evolv Distributors is on this page.

If you want to give atomizers a try at six volts I recommend this one or this one. Both vendors have other style attys in 3.5Ω, as well.

Dual coil cartos also do well at six volts, if you want to stick with cartos. With dual coils, you get better results with lower ohms and higher voltages.

Be sure to use some quality RCR123 batteries if vaping at six volts. :)

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com

We love new Reonauts! Glad you are experiencing the REO way of vaping!

The blind squonk is what most of us use with atty's and cartos. Myself, I tried looking at the juice in the holes and ended up mostly flooding my attys. I always just blind squonk.

You will find what works best for you, there really is no right or wrong way!

I like the atty's better than the cartos. You might want to try some to find which suits your vaping needs the best.

whatitstrue

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2011
Phoenix, AZ.
Oh yeah here's a pic
photo-11.jpg

Looks great!!!!!! You should be very proud!!!!!

We love new Reonauts! Glad you are experiencing the REO way of vaping!

The blind squonk is what most of us use with atty's and cartos. Myself, I tried looking at the juice in the holes and ended up mostly flooding my attys. I always just blind squonk.

You will find what works best for you, there really is no right or wrong way!

I like the atty's better than the cartos. You might want to try some to find which suits your vaping needs the best.

+1 for the blind squonk and atties. Its the only way IMO. :) :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread