The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Reo question

Discussion in 'Liquid Feed APV Discussion' started by bfrie, Aug 1, 2013.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. bfrie

bfrie Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So I was thinking about getting a reo for a few days until I realized, it comes with plastic bottles! Everything I vape would destroy that. Has anyone tried pluid/grenada in this?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

2. Blix

Blix Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2013
    Stabekk, Norway
    The soft plastic bottles in Reos can handle anything, including Pluid, no worries! :)

3. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

The bottles are made of the same kind of plastic e-liquid comes in. My favorite juice melts just about everything it comes in contact with and the Reo bottles are holding up just fine.

ETA: Another member of the ProVarinati I see :) The Reo makes a nice complementary device.

4. bfrie

The other thing I think about is that I hate the taste of liquid that I order that comes in a plastic bottle vs glass after about 2 days. What are your thoughts on this

5. The Ocelot

You dislike it if the juice is stored in the bottle it came in? Anyway, I don't know about the Grande, but I have a mini and the bottle is 3ml (I think the 2.1 is 6ml(?)) so I go through a bottle pretty fast. I haven't notice any plastic taste from the bottle, but it's not in the bottle very long.

6. bfrie

If its not glass, the flavor gets bad very quickly imho.

7. The Ocelot

I can't help you there. I'm using different delivery systems on the bottom-feeders than on my other mods, so the taste is different, but nothing appears to be due to the bottles. You might start a thread in the Reo sub-forum to see what other owners have to say.

8. Blix

Jan 8, 2013
    Stabekk, Norway
    It seems to me, the harder the plastic, the worse it is when it comes to leeching.
    I've used Reos side by side with glass atties for months now, and never have I thought for a second that my fave juices tasted worse in my Reo's.

9. Racehorse

Racehorse ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 12, 2012
    USA midwest
    I'm one of those who immediately transfer my new juice to bottles if it doesn't come in a bottle.

I use REO and never had any problem tasting plastic. They are that kind of plastic that doesn't give off taste, adn besides the juice is only going to be 3ml or 6ml......not long enough IMHO to "sit" long LOL

10. lostknitter

lostknitter Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 14, 2011
    Lee's Summit, MO
    Just to clarify, the 2.1 uses a 3ml bottle, only the REO Grand & VV REO use the 6ml bottles.

11. cab9379

cab9379 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 4, 2012
    Ohio
    I know there are a couple of people that use pluid in there Reo's who are you?

12. darkzero

darkzero Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 28, 2013
    SoCal
    The bottles are HDPE, like the jugs milk come in (here anyway). HDPE is very resistant to many chemicals so there shouldn't be any taste associated with the bottles. One thing is that they don't seal as tight as glass bottles so if you store juice in them for long periods of time air could possibly seep in & they don't block light like the amber & cobalt glass bottles. Those two are the only things that would really change the taste of the juice. HDPE won't crack from juices that are known to crack plastic tanks. They're dirt cheap anyway so when they get old just replace it.

The silicone tubes in Reos can discolor from certain juices but I've never had a tube have signs of breaking down. Even with a discolored tube I have not noticed a taste from them when switching juices.

13. mayday_

mayday_ Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 19, 2013
    st louis MO
    I vape pluid/grenada all day and I have never had a problem.

14. bfrie

My next question would be how bad is the voltage drop in a reo

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

15. NicoHolic

NicoHolic Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jul 13, 2013
    USA
    Coil voltage under load varies with coil resistance, contacts condition, and battery make and model (i.e. internal resistance, top configuration). I have the tools (and 2,000 mAH AW 18650 IMRs, which may not perform as well as the 1,600) but with these micro coils I've been so OD'd on vapor and nic, and fogged up the family room so bad, I haven't really cared enough to measure it. :laugh:

16. bfrie

I ask because with my dual .6 ohm micro coils I get miserable performance on my sigeleis at 1.1 lost volts

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4

17. NumberOneBatfan

NumberOneBatfan Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2013
    Silverton, OR
    Couple questions of my own to add to this thread.
    1: Do flat top aw imr work in the reos?
    2: Is there a cap/cover that would thread on to the rm2 that is colored? My Dark Knight will need a cowl.

18. Blix

Jan 8, 2013
    Stabekk, Norway

There are no flat top AW IMR's as far as I know, the all have a button top, and Rob Recommends AW IMR's for Reo.
    I also use Panasonic 18650's in my Grand.

No alternative color top cap for RM2 that I know of. :)

19. NumberOneBatfan

NumberOneBatfan Super Member ECF Veteran

Jul 28, 2013
    Silverton, OR
    Good to know, i must have misread a website, it was a while ago. What is the model number on the panasonics and how are they price wise compared to aw?

20. Blix

Jan 8, 2013
    Stabekk, Norway
    The ones I use are the CGR18650CH and NCR18650PD, I buy mine from Fasttech. Very nice prices. :)

$11.03 Panasonic CGR18650CH Rechargeable 2250mAh 3.7V 18650 Lithium Batteries 2-pack - authentic cells / 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

$13.62 Panasonic NCR18650PD 18650 3.6V 2900mAH Rechargeable Li-ion Batteries (2-Pack) 2-pack at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.