Status
Not open for further replies.

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
Getting ready to look into buying a reo. I typically vape at about .5 ohms and I drip 99% of the time so a reo would really come in handy when I am on the road and can't drip.

if I want to use a dripper I would need to get a low profile reo...correct? Looking at getting the BF odin from loki labs. Or I need to look on the reo site for drippers they have available.
how low of a resistance can you vape on a standard LP reo grande?

Thanks ahead of time for your help!

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
Thanks for the help folks. I think I will buy new as used ones list for almost the Same price as new and also that would help me ensure I get the most up to date one with the contacts.
Now to save up or decide what I want to trade....LOL
I definitely want a brass door. Going to look around some more or maybe hold out for a blemished one
For those with the odin, I assume if i get their BF one I don't or won't have to make any modifications? Just build screw on and vape. Are the reomizer a just as good as far as flavor, ease of build, etc
Thanks again!!

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Hey Crocky, I don't have an Odin or the RM but can't see flavor being the same on them seeing one is 8mm diameter larger and twice the chamber size. I use the Cyclone w/ AFC (17mm), Atomic (19mm), and Reactor V2 (16mm) on mine and they are all very close in flavor and vapor. My favorite right now is the Reactor V2.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois

BockinBboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Illinois
Awesome I was looking for the word atomic. I have also heard great things about the cyclone. Every place I have looked for the cyclone BF is out of stock.
Guess I should decide on a reo first....LOL

The post holes on the atomic look tiny

I've been running 28ga duals on my RM4, and haven't had any issues getting the leads in the posts. I haven't used 26ga yet on it, but I'm aware of others who have. I saw a build by SuperTrunker that had 26ga duals on his RM4, and another member (SoftSell? or close to that name, sorry) using a 28/24ga twisted single coil... Neither had particularly noted that their posts were modified, so I'm assuming it should work fine.

- Bboy

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
Well I finally did it. Got a black wrinkle grande LP with brass tumble door. My first reo! Now for the wait! Thanks so much to all that helped with my questions and believe you me....I can ask some questions.....LOL. Rob has also been very kind and patient!
i am sure it will take some getting use to but I have used a vmod before so hoping this will be a pice of cake. Now to order the odin

Crocky

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2013
North Carolina
Ok here I go with another question. Thanks in advance for your patience. :)
now that I have my reo on order I was going to get the odin but then thought how nice a black tobh may look with the black wrinkle and brass door. Not to mention I love a tobh atty. So I was trying to sort through all the 1,000's of pages in the reo threads for a visual on modifying the tobh clone. I am not that great with stuff like that but figured for the price it might be he worth a shot if it is not too hard. I do have a drill press....but let me add that when I tried to drill out the airholes on my magma I went straight through the juice well.....LOL. So it may be a challenge but figured it might be worth a shot. Can anyone point me in the general direction of a thread showing pics of modifying a tobh? I will keep looking but thought I would ask in case one of you know off the top of your head.

BockinBboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Illinois
I'm not specifically familiar with the tobh... but modifying for bottomfed is relatively universal. You just need to modify the center pin and drill a hole in the positive post at the deck level. Modifying the center pin is more successful when you simply carve a channel along the length of the center pin, vs drilling a hold through the center diameter - achieves the same result and is much easier. You can use a dremel or even a hacksaw to carve a channel along the length of the center pin - it doesn't have to look pretty, you don't see it anyway.

- Bboy

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Well I finally did it. Got a black wrinkle grande LP with brass tumble door. My first reo! Now for the wait! Thanks so much to all that helped with my questions and believe you me....I can ask some questions.....LOL. Rob has also been very kind and patient!
i am sure it will take some getting use to but I have used a vmod before so hoping this will be a pice of cake. Now to order the odin

Compared to using a Vmod - it will be. No more Calamity Tunnel - or whatever they call it - with extra parts and nearly impossible to install hidden o-rings. No more having to take it apart to change a battery. No more "tip, squeeze & flip" crap to feed it. (Assuming you didn't mod the Vmod to bottom feed the right way.) There are a lot of annoyances that just go away when you switch from a Vmod to a Reo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread