Reo Skins....

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuziesMom

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
NY
skinstogether.jpg

I love my REO and wanted to dress it up a little...so I made some skins for it. These are all on my Mini. The first one is black gloss vinyl with some bling, the second is a scrap of brocade covered in iron-on vinyl with a little bling, and the last one is a little bit of a cute calico with some ribbon, then covered in the same iron-on clear vinyl, and a little bling added.

These are very simple to make out of whatever you have around the house. I've recycled old clothes, and reusable shopping bags so far to make them. I'm also thinking of trying paper sealed with clear contact paper, but haven't had a chance. My husband likes coffee that comes in pretty mylar bags, and I was thinking about cutting one of those up too.

They attach with just a little piece of tape, and then wrap around, and seal with some clear Velcro.

reoback.jpg

The attachment is a printable file with a pattern (although you don't really need a pattern- it's a rectangle).

Have fun!

Attachments

• reoskin.pdf
    165.9 KB · Views: 30

SuziesMom

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
NY
Thanks! On a Mini the fabric doesn't really slip at all. I'm finding it does a little on the Grand. You could add more strips of Velcro on the sides if it really bugs you. I haven't really felt the need to do it though- it's minor slippage.

The other thing that I've found is that the Velcro to Velcro bond is really strong- stronger than the Velcro to fabric bond- so I've been running a little strip of trim adhesive down the back of the soft Velcro for some extra strength. That's working well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread