REO Woodvil 18490

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidwi2

Verified Member
Jun 17, 2009
I have a beautiful REO Woodvil 18490 Ebony Quilted Maple. Unfortunately, I don't like it as much as I thought I would. I've only used it a handful of times and now it just sits in a Crown Royal bag.

I just don't get as good of a hit with the same 306 Cisco atomizer as I do on my Alpha with a 14500 battery. I can't figure out why.

Any suggestions?

Ebony Quiltedmaple 18490.jpg

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hi David, Have you tried just dripping on the atty the same way as you would on the alpha? If so then was the vape good/ same/less than on the alpha? If less then I would suspect battery voltage to be at the hart of the issue maybe the alpha battery has a higher level than the battery in the reo. A multimeter would be beneficial here. If its the same(when only dripping) as the alpha then I would suspect over squonking(flooding) to be the culprit. If its better when only dripping I still suspect overfeeding to be the issue. I do read alot of posts, I do not own a feeder but may one day if I can find a way to assemble one for myself. Good Luck. Happy vaping.

davidwi2

Verified Member
Jun 17, 2009
Thanks. I don't have a meter but I have tried three new batteries and made sure they were fully charged. I just don't get same throat hit with all things (fully charged batteries, same atomizer, same juice) being equal. It kills me because the REO is a piece of art.

I even bought new tubes and bottles for it. I may try a different atomizer. I'm using a 1.5 ohm Cisco atty and wondered if it would make a difference if I went to a 1.8 or 2.0 ohm atty. I thought going up in ohms would make the vape weaker using the same battery but I'm just not sure.

Iusedtoanalog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2011
Pennsylvania
Hello Again David, In my experience the higher you go with your atty Ω load the less heat/vapor/hit you will experience. The only standout here that comes to mind would be airflow. It is possible you have less airfolw on the feeder and therefore are less capable of drawing air over the coil to produce a satisfying experience for you. Maybe try a 306 atty with a hole drilled near the base of the driptip/mouthpiece near where the coil is situated..... It may be worth the few dollars investment to get the device working the way you like. I only mentioned the 306 because I have had that exact issue with an early model unit that I owned and couldnt get good vapor because the connector had a machining issue that didnt allow good airflow over the coil. This was a good fix for me at the time.

On a side not have you asked around the Reo forum, they would have firsthand experience with any of the eccentric qualities of that unit. Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread