Replacing my worn out 30W box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Georgia , USA
Hi all! I kicked a 30 year PAD Marlboro habit 3 years ago, thanks to the great people here. After the usual buying every shiny thing and trying a hundred flavors, I found my favorite juice, and best box 18 months ago. My top is a Paradigm Magma dripper that I rebuild, and a Clouper dna 30W box.

But now my Clouper has a problem with stripped screw threads, so it's time to replace it. I went to my usual online vape stores, and apparently I am way behind the times! Most new boxes are way more powerful than I want! I don't sub-ohm, my builds are 1.1 to 1.2. I'm not a cloud chaser. I just want something that I can easily swap an 18650 and get on with my day.

I would really like suggestions for a replacement. Thanks so much!

Reactions: Skunkworkx

PaulBHC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2014
Arizona
I have 2 Kanger Kbox minis and liked them so well I bought the Platinum edition. It has a larger screen, 60w and TC but I don't use it. I like the sub tank minis at around 1.1 ohms in the RBA but the stock 1.2 coils are good as well. I think it is still on sale at Vapor Beast, alone or in a kit with the tank. Samsung 30Qs work great in them from RTD Vapor.

Reactions: Katcandoo

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
You don't need to use all the power available or subohm so you're good with pretty much anything on the market. The Joyetech Evic VTC Mini is a popular mod, and I can highly recommend it. Very affordable as well. For something (a bit) smaller, the new istick Pico might be a good choice. It's new, but the chipset is proven and reviewers seem to like it.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
BTW2 - This is also Very Nice for a simple VV/WW Mod...

3684802-4.jpg

$24.56 Authentic ONIYO Mini 30W VV/VW Variable Voltage/Wattage APV Box Mod - 1-9.5V / 5-30W / 1*18650 / aluminum alloy + zinc alloy at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

But I Can't Recommend it. Not because it not a Great Mod. It is. And not because it is about the Smallest Mod that I know of that takes an 18650 Battery. It Does.

I Can't recommend it because as far as I know, I am the Only Person who has one. And I don't like to make Recommendations on something unless there is some body of Reviews out there that are the Same as what I have Experienced.

Katcandoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2013
Georgia , USA
The White Pico does look Very Cool. :thumb:

Let us know when it arrives. And How you Like It.

I received it Monday, so after two days of using it, here is my review.

1. It's a Lot smaller than my Clouper DNA. But I've found it fits very nicely once I got used to it. I have small hands, and I've had the DNA for 18+ months so there was a bit of adjustment.

2. The pull and throat hit seems muted compared to the Clouper. I took my Magma off and plopped it on the Pico. Didn't change the wick or coil, just swapped it over. I upped the wattage and it's better, but seems to lack the raw power of the Clouper.

3. Major pros are my batteries last twice as long, and it's very quick and easy to screw the top off and change the battery. It was a pain to remove the two itty bitty screws to take the back off the Clouper to change the battery. I was forever afraid of dropping them and digging through the couch to find the little buggers. :grr:. It was also relatively inexpensive for the body at $28.

4. Con is the only the power button is on the side. The adjustment buttons are on the bottom so you have to lock it or risk changing the wattage every time you set it down.

I would give it 4 out of 5 stars.

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Nice review Katcandoo.

Sounds like it wasn't a Slam Dunk in every Category. But Lots of Pros and a Few Cons.

You might give the Bottom buttons a little testing leaving the Mod Unlocked. I haven't had (or read of any) real problems of Wattage accidently changing. And I'm Not Overly careful when I put it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread