Report - Vaping Through Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Family trip, 2/8/2014 - 2/16/2014 with wife and 3.5 year old daughter (her first time). Flew JetBlue (direct flight to Orlando). Stayed at the Grand Floridian. First trip since taking up vaping.

At Richmond International Airport: I had my Halo Triton kit, an iTaste vv, and a Provari packed in my carry-on. I had read that the FAA forbids Li-ion batteries in checked bags, so I brought them in my carry-on too with the charger. Batts were removed from the Provari, in a plastic ziplock bag to prevent shorts. Three 10mL bottles of e-liquid were enclosed in a separate bag. After I put my bag on the conveyor, I told the TSA agent "There are electronic cigarettes in here including e-liquids." He just smiled and said "Seen 'em before".

Went through without a hitch.

A few more bottles of e-liquid were packed with toiletries in checked bag. Some of these leaked slightly (prob due to pressure change), but were enclosed in their own ziplock, so this didn't make much of a mess.

I vaped while waiting for our flight at the gate.

At Park Security: I set out every day with a Halo and iTaste. I left the Provari in the hotel room. A few times, I left the ecigs in my backpack. One security officer asked me what they were, and I told him they were ecigs. He told me to have a "magical day" and let me through. The rest of the time, I left the ecigs in my pocket as a courtesy.

In the Parks (Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom): I vaped EVERYWHERE (except for the smoking sections! I didn't set foot in them!). I vaped in front of cast members. I vaped in some lines and even some restaurants. But I was discreet about it - I made it a point to hold the vapor in for a few extra seconds, so I wouldn't be blowing clouds. Got a few disapproving looks from other guests, but nobody said anything.

In the Hotel: I vaped like a madman in the room. Left my equipment out - house keeping had to see it. I vaped in the lobby, discreetly. No problem whatsoever.

For the Flight Home: I figured I didn't need to even mention that I had vaping stuff to the TSA agent, so I didn't. No problem, no delays - they didn't open my carry on.

If confronted with "Sir, there is no smoking here", I was prepared with "Good thing I quit". But I didn't have to use it. :)

Last edited:

Joe13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
No problems whatsoever (except for our return flight being cancelled due to the storm, and having to stay in Disney World for two extra nights... Oh, the horror! Oh, the humanity!!!).

I saw only one other person with a PV. Even my wife said "I wonder why I didn't see other vapers".

I'm POSITIVE there were plenty of us there. Perhaps we were all just being discreet? If so, I think that's great.

Last edited:

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
wonder if uptight Disneyland in SoCal would react in the same way

Something tells me no they would not. In Kalifornia the OP would have been strip searched at the main gate and banned for life, and placed in a stockade for the WD employees and other guests to mock and belittle him for making "smoke like" clouds. Once back at the hotel he would find his belongings out at the curb waiting on the bus back to the air port.

Yes I am over exaggerating but they definitely are not as receptive there.

HecticEnergy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
TX, USA
Flew to and from Utah a few times (for work) out of houston (Bush) and Austin into SLC. I just had egos at the time, but I threw them in my laptop bags pincil holders. I had a few evods/mpt2's with a few bottles of 10ml juice. Juice was in a bag with my toiletries, and toppers were in an altoid can with a papertowel in the front pocket of my laptop bag. Going the first time I set the can and batteries on my laptop. As my stuff passed through the scanner they announced over the loud speaker that laptops were to be put in the plastic buckets BY THEM SELVES! The rest of the time I've just left them in the bag. No hastles.

I'm flying to calfornia to visit family (including a disneyland trip) in late april/early may... if you don't hear from me after that... I guess you'll know what happend.. lol (Got my SiD, Kayfun Clone and Dripper now.. we'll see how that goes!)

Joe13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I did some searching around for "vaping at Disney World" and "ecig at Disney World" before I left, and it seemed to me like there was a severe lack of info.

Disney's policy is "smoking is prohibited except for in designated areas". Officially, they don't mention vaping at all.

Oh - I watched my little girl at the pool a couple of afternoons, and brought my Provari with an AeroTank. Sitting out there blowing clouds in front of the lifeguard. No hassles. No one was sitting next to me though. I suspect things would've been different if another guest complained.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread