The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

[REQUEST] Coil rebuild troubleshooting steps?

Discussion in 'Tutorials' started by MJMcMahon, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. MJMcMahon

MJMcMahon Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 11, 2013
    Boise, ID, USA
    Hi all -

hoping one of the more experienced coil builders might be willing to put together a list of troubleshooting steps or ideas for folks like myself who are learning to build their own coils. Some questions I've had include:

Can the spacing of the coil wraps contribute to hotspots?

How critical are things like leg lengths?

If you had a coil that you'd wrapped and were getting an excessively hot vape, how would you go about troubleshooting it?

I've watched a number of videos, but none that I've found have really addressed these specific questions or, more to the point, what to look for if your coil isn't vaping like you'd expect.

Thanks all!

Mike

2. gotalotgoingon

gotalotgoingon Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I can answer two of those questions as they pertain on a RDA.

1) I run micro coils so ALL of my coils touch. There are not ANY spaces between any of the coils.

2) I run long legs on my coils and where I have read that you can do so as long as they are the same length, I have not had a problem with mine even if they are of different lengths.

That being said, a micro coil is a different breed all together. They heat of fast, from the inside out and the legs do not glow. I have not tried a micro on a genesis style setup yet but others have, with success.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.