The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Residue on atty 510 threads?

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Maintenance' started by Trailz, Jan 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Trailz

Trailz Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 4, 2014
    NE OH US
    Is it normal to have a blackish/grey residue when cleaning Atomizer 510 threads? I just clean them with 99% isopropyl alcohol and a cotton swab or q-tip.

2. Miata GT

Miata GT Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Nov 28, 2013
    Largo, FL
    Yes it is normal.

3. Maiar

Maiar Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Yep. I run a q-tip in there every night before bed and do it once a month with rubbing alcohol too. Or more often if it gets really gnarly in there.

4. fogging_katrider

fogging_katrider Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 31, 2013
    Tennessee USA
    Good idea to keep the atty and battery connection cleaned of residue.
    But, I read the part about "every night before bed" and I thought it worth mentioning something very important...

I hope that the next thing you do every night before bed...
    IS NOT charging those ego batteries while you're sleeping ?

Just a word of caution in case you or other readers arent aware of it, charging e-cig batteries unattended or while you're sleeping can have serious consequences like house fires or worse. You never know for sure if a simple automatic usb ego charger will suddenly decide to make the magic smoke and fire. That goes for all chargers and l-ion batteries, whether they're expensive or not, never charge batteries in your sleep or unattended.

Just my added :2c:

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.