Status
Not open for further replies.

MonsterKenny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
dublin ohio
www.provape.com
Thanks to rbrylawski for posting this... Wanted to sticky this.

Things needed:

1. Paper Towels
2. Cotton Swabs
3. 99% Isopropyl Alcohol
4. Lint Free Cloth
4. No-Ox - The Lubricant of Royalty

Cleaning Steps:

1. Apply isopropyl alcohol to paper towel, do not pour the Iso inside of the P3.
2. Use alcohol laden towel to clean Provari threads. Be not afraid to use pressure to clean said threads as they be more durable than may be thought
3. Do not forget to clean threads inside of Provari Tube
4. Use Lint Free cloths to remove any residue or dust particles left by paper towels and to ensure properly cleaned threads inside and out
5. Apply No-Ox - The Lubricant of Royalty - Sparingly to a cotton swab (firmer cotton swabs are preferred tools)
6. Apply No-Ox - Lubricant of Royalty laden cotton swab to all threaded areas

http://www.provape.com/Maintenance-s/65.htm

Last edited:

BadTrainDriver

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 17, 2013
Dublin, Ohio
I'd like to add, I prefer to use a microfiber towel when cleaning with the 99% IPA, as opposed to paper towels. Microfiber does a much better job of getting to the inside the threads, and zero lint to worry about. Microfiber is cheap, and can be washed/reused.

Everything else, spot on!

Last edited:

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
I'd like to add, I prefer to use a microfiber towel when cleaning with the 99% IPA, as opposed to paper towels. Microfiber does a much better job of getting to the inside the threads, and zero lint to worry about. Microfiber is cheap, and can be washed/reused.

Everything else, spot on!
you know there's nothing changed, really cleaning P2.5, P3, except 99%IPA is getting darn hard to find in some parts...LOL!
I have my oldest 2.5 with a window looking "less than spotless" (LOL)...and am thinking I should contact PV for authorization and price check/instructions to send in for cleaning. Need to keep the svc department employed after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread