The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Return to custard

Discussion in 'DIY E-Liquid' started by Coyote628, Jun 18, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Coyote628

Coyote628 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Sep 16, 2017
    I mixed uo a batch of vanilla custard. Simple 3 flavoring mix. Gave it to a friend at work and told her to let it steep in a quiet place for about a week, you know, custards need time. Before i gave it to her, i sampled a bit. Pretty tasty as it was. Then, yesterday, i made myself a batch. Im vaping it already and ill prob mix up a shake an vape to use so i can give the custard time to grow up. But the big question is, how long do custards really need to steep, really? A week? Longer? I dont normally vape vanilla custard, im just really digging in my mixing kit using up the last of my flavorings. I can make a quick lemon bar or something to hold me while the custard is resting.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jebbn

Jebbn Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 2, 2018
    Australia
    Custard!

:pop:

:vapor:

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    recipe?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Coyote628

Sep 16, 2017
    Capella vanilla custard 6% Capella vanilla bean ice cream 3% Capella french vanilla 3%.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. puffon

puffon Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2014
    The Villages, FL
    Thanks, sounds good, I like simple.
    Regarding steeping, none is required if it tastes good to you shake and vape.
    Try it S&V, at 1-2 weeks, at 1 month.
    I've read FA custards need less steep, but haven't tried them yet.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Dubminer

Dubminer Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Apr 10, 2016
    I used to vape a blend the same as you minus the vanilla bean ice cream all day every day. I found it needed at least a month to steep.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Coyote628

Sep 16, 2017
    As i vape it im thinking this could be a base flavor for something almost exotic like bread pudding. Maybe even add a touch of bourbon butter and brown sugar. Vanilla cupcake for the cakey ness to blend with the custard ness and add the bourbon glaze. Am i missing something or would it even be good?

8. susieqz

susieqz Super Member

Dec 11, 2018
    high plains
    i make that recipe n it needs no steeping.
    it is the base i use for most everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.