Status
Not open for further replies.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Saw your post on FB deals and steals. Wonder if anyone will notice.

Desert Vapes - Defective or wrong product issue : Garemlin in Reviews of Suppliers - Negative

I also posted on their FB page. Nothing nasty. They deleted it. Made a post about them deleting it and they deleted that too. Several members of the FB groups I posted this to have posted on their page that they will not deal with them unless they resolve my issue. They deleted those posts too. They apparently don't have a concept of how fast bad word spreads on the internet.

Yasmin65

Jan 8, 2013
Australia
G'day Garemlin... yeah.. I bought some of these i-tanks and put 3 in action all with the same results.. they leaked like a sieve.. I've read your thread here and agree with you that they seem a hopeless design.. maybe its the pressure when screwing on drip tip that forces juice into the chambers.. I dunno.. but same as you.. all experimentation ends same results.. they leak. Shame.. lovely weight.. lovely glass tank, but hopeless product.

Koala hugs from Australia

Yasmin

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I've been watching this because I thought the black chrome was nice looking and I'm sorry to hear it doesn't sound like a good product. But I also wanted to say I've had similar experience with Desert Vapes. I've never had a review unposted before, but I said their Hypertanks don't work with protank coils (site says they do) - nope. Rejected with kind of a snippy note saying they do. So, their criteria for feedback must be 5* or nothing. :facepalm: Personally, I'd be suspicious of a site showing only positive reviews. It would be a lot better if they used comments such as ours as opportunities to start a dialog, "pm me" or something.

There's a number of questionable/probably listing inaccuracies on their site that I've noticed. It happens but I don't get the impression they are interested in fixing them either.

Shame. I think they are the fastest shipper I've had and of course, close by. I was using them more too.

Last edited:

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I've been watching this because I thought the black chrome was nice looking and I'm sorry to hear it doesn't sound like a good product. But I also wanted to say I've had similar experience with Desert Vapes. I've never had a review unposted before, but I said their Hypertanks don't work with protank coils (site says they do) - nope. Rejected with kind of a snippy note saying they do. So, their criteria for feedback must be 5* or nothing. :facepalm: Personally, I'd be suspicious of a site showing only positive reviews. It would be a lot better if they used comments such as ours as opportunities to start a dialog, "pm me" or something.

There's a number of questionable/probably listing inaccuracies on their site that I've noticed. It happens but I don't get the impression they are interested in fixing them either.

Shame. I think they are the fastest shipper I've had and of course, close by. I was using them more too.

Thank you very much. I am getting blasted on a Fb page that you can post negative feedback for vendors. People are trying to point the blame on me. If you are on FB I would love it if when you have a minute you go read my post about DV on there. You need to see some of the negative feedback I am getting about this. People siding with the vendor. Also if you could feel free to tell your story.

Here is the group.

Ecig Vendors, and Ecig Products that are NOT Recommend

The post is not that far down.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
I gave ya a like, but I'm not entering that fray. Those people are on the internet, you can't take comments personally. The store has a loyal following, even around town so I was surprised. Almost all their tanks say they take kanger "universal" coils (which I think are T3's) and that is not true. They say something have 510 threading when they don't (Evods?). That's a problem buying online. They are slow to answer emails, but they say they are and suggest calling instead.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Thanks but you see what I mean. Funny thing is the two most vocal people on that thread had never even heard of them. Another deleted her comments when I challenged her comments. People just need something to cry about. I do have a thread in the vendor feedback here if you want to add to that.

Tap'd from my LG G2

New2vaps

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
USA
I still don't understand how filling ANY tank with water will void any kind of warranty. :laugh::laugh::laugh: That's crazy. I guess H20 is more potent than nicotine, pg, vg and flavorings which some are known to crack plastic tanks :laugh:

Thanks for the review and thanks for bringing light to this vendor. Customer support, service, and satisfaction is very important specially in this business.

paleodian

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2013
Totally Lost
OK...I also bought a Kumiho i-tank from Desert Vapes, and this post has nothing to do with them.... After reading the reviews about the leaking problem I did this: I replaced the Kumiho coils with the Kanger universal coil...the one that fits the Protank, Protank II, and mini-protanks as it's slightly larger than the Kumiho coils and WHAM! No leaks, gurgles, drips, or anything. Just vaped a full tank on it and it's dry as a bone...no problems whatsoever. I suspect the leaking issue is with the Kumiho coils and not the tank itself. The Kanger's fit it and perform like a champ in it. If you still have the tank, give a Kanger coil a try and see if it works for you! Cheers!:toast:

Last edited:

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,
OK...I also bought a Kumiho i-tank from Desert Vapes, and this post has nothing to do with them.... After reading the reviews about the leaking problem I did this: I replaced the Kumiho coils with the Kanger universal coil...the one that fits the Protank, Protank II, and mini-protanks as it's slightly larger than the Kumiho coils and WHAM! No leaks, gurgles, drips, or anything. Just vaped a full tank on it and it's dry as a bone...no problems whatsoever. I suspect the leaking issue is with the Kumiho coils and not the tank itself. The Kanger's fit it and perform like a champ in it. If you still have the tank, give a Kanger coil a try and see if it works for you! Cheers!:toast:
That's exactly what I did and no issues at all :)

Yasmin65

Jan 8, 2013
Australia
It's funny how things come around... I too had purchased several of the kumiho I-tanks and found they all leaked... put the lot aside and moved onto other things.. anyway..

Recently purchased some Peakomiser from Anyvape (product link):Shenzhen Anyvape Technology Limited | Peakomizer

I got some spare coils but decided to try the coils from the Kumiho I-tank....

and... haha.. they work brilliantly...

The Peakomizer/Peakomiser are a better tank (IMO) as I can use my favourite drip tips.

The main difference between the 2 models is the Peakomiser has 2 holes drilled on top to allow pressure to escape when putting on the lid.. the Kumiho only had 1... and I had always thought it was pressure that caused the tank to leak.

Sorry to re-vive an old posting.

Koala hugs from Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread