Review of Four Got Vapes products

Status
Not open for further replies.

Applecracker

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Overland Park, KS
Okay, so I'm a bit of a nut for "The Next Thing"! I have soooo many USB adapters my head is about to explode. I buy waaaay too many kits! Anyway...

I discovered Got Vapes and thought some of their stuff seemed really interesting. I have been vaping for almost three years on various devices. The one that has been kicking around the longest is a Tornado (ego) from Totally Wicked. This one battery is going on two years of usage. Again, off and on as I frequently use other products.

Anyway... here's what I have to say about Got Vapes.

EXCELLENT packaging. All the items I have gotten from them felt like they were all about showmanship. Look great!

Slooooooow shipping. Both times I ordered only carts and each time they took at least 6 days. Yeah yeah, not that big of a deal, but I am starting to get used to vendors getting things to me in 2-3 days, at the most. I gave them a pass on this last one because they shipped from NY and they've... uh, had some inclement weather up there last weekend! But still. I ordered from another vendor 30 minutes later and got the package in 2 days. Now having said that, I will always choose slow shipping of "Postage Gouging". Their prices on shipping are WHAT IT COSTS to ship. And considering the look of their packaging I think it's a "kiss your sister" trade off.

I know what your thinking, and yes I am hard to please!!!

Okay, so on to the reviews...

Before I begin, all of these products were smoked on a 3.7 eGo or a 4.1-4.2 RIVA. Except for the Vortex 2.0, more on that later.

Sapphire BUD... I REALLY like the idea of this device. Looks cool, although I am not a big fan of whistle tips. Got it at 2.2-2.4 ohms and I have to say... not for me. No flavor, not TH... I mean, what's the point. I don't think you should HAVE to have a VV for a carto to work... am I wrong on this. Most vapers use a 3.7 device, especially those new to the game. Hell, I've been doing it for three years, still don't have a VV. Why? I don't know... probably could have saved a lot of money if I had gone straight to a provari or buzz pro huh?

Anyway, as I was saying, this thing left me wanting more. I gave them each a few days, tried them again today. They are not horrible, I just wasn't getting flavor or the hit I desired. It's smooth, but I like harsh. If the flavor was there I would forgive lack of blowing my hair back. May be better at a different voltage. Tasted very similar however on my 4.2 Riva.

By the way, used BWB Hunter's Blend and Halo Prime 15 in these.

Scale of 1-10

Look/feel: 7
Flavor: 2
Vapor Production: 4
TH: 4

VISION DEUX

I REALLY REALLY love the look and idea of this one!!! I mean really like it. Wish it hit... at all! It does next to nothing vapor wise on a 3.7 device. I think at 5 or 6 volts this thing would be nice. But on a 3.7 it stinks. Looks great and might hold up well, but again, do not order unless you have a higher voltage device. This thing is also NOT SMALL!

Man I wanted this thing to work. 3.5ML... unfortunately it only comes in at 2.8 - 3.0 ohms. Was slightly better on my Riva 4.2, this is why I think 5 or 6 might be the sweet spot here.

Used Halo Captain Jack.

Look: 9
Flavor: 3
Vapor Production: 3
TH: 2 (4, but burnt at 4.2)

Okay, on to the things I received today...

VORTEX 2.0

Unless you are wealthy... stay far far away. Why? Because they last ONE FILL!!! That's right... ONE!!!! I thought I was doing something wrong until I noticed others on the board had the same problem. I put in 1 ML of HUnter's Blend from BWB and thought it was the greatest thing ever, smoked it for about 2 hours, went to refill and guess what... miss fire. And then no fire!

Well, guess I got a bad one, nope next one. 1 ML of Captain Jack and dead upon refill!!! This is ridiculous and it is the most ticked off I have been at a company in three years. WORST PRODUCT IMAGINABLE!!!! So if I get 1-2 hours from a carto (They say 1.2 ML, I say .9-1.0) That means, if I'm lucky I only smoke a 5 pack of cartos a day. That's $12 a day. Where I live that's over a two pack a day expense! That's just stupid!!!

Now, before this discovery I loved these things... vapor is amazing! TH very very good... flavor... wowzer! Refill ... FUCT!

I'm sorry, but in the current vaping marketplace 1 ML and done for a 2.25 device is unforgivable. This needs to be taken off the market unless Got Vapes wants to earn a rep as someone who deals trash!

As you can see I feel very strongly about it... but not all is lost... don't give up on the next product yet... but first:

Look: 9 (looks great, cool as all get out)
Flavor: 8 (as good as a new CE2)
Vapor: 8
TH: 7
OVERALL EXPERIENCE: 1!!!

now...

Fluxo Delux/CE3/CE2 DELUXE/CE2 Rev 231/Clero/whatever

So just as I was about to call got vapes and give 'em a good ol cussin', I opened this bad boy. I tried to fill it. I usually us XL CE2's, never used a shorty .8 before, but they were out of the XL FLUXO GIANTAMIZER FOG BANK SMOKE MACHINE THINGY McBOBBER. So I figured I was doing something wrong. I broke the first one trying to get the caps out. Turns out these are NOTHING LIKE THE VIDEO THEY HAVE ON YOU TUBE!!!

I Then proceeded to break another one...

SON: What are you doing daddy?
ME: Getting ready to make a phone call!

Then, finally I just filled it through the black cap, didn't use the good juice from BWB or HALO after my three previous atempts with Got Vapes products, didn't want to use the good stuff.

Used some free product from CigEasy. A little RY4. I popped on a drip tip I had laying around and took a puff... oh hey, this isn't bad. Took a few more, got better and better. About half a ML later my hatred for Got Vapes dissipated and I was taken over by a shockingly good vape. So... One down, time to refill... uh oh here we go.

This time I used more free stuff from CigEasy... 555. Well hey, this is good!

I can now say that I am on my fourth refill (I've vaped a lot today) and this puppy is still going strong. First one (not first one of course, I broke the first two). As soon as they have some XL's back in stock I will be ordering these by the truckload I think, they are...

EXCELLENT!!

So...

Look: 5 (all three of the others were waaaay cooler)
Flavor: 8
Vapor: 8
TH: 8

So that;s it... Dear Got Vapes, please oh please make the Vortex 3.0 last at least a day! Make the VISION TRES EX MACHINA for a 3.7! And please oh please make a video on your website that is half way watchable!!! (I may be harsh there, I make video for the web for a living)

Just in showman ship with your packaging I would be a repeat customer is only for a better product that doesn't fail. I haven't tried everything from you, but I would be hesitant to order anything other than your clearo's for the time being.

If someone out there is using a VISION at 5 or 6 volts, let me know how it works for you. I would like your opinion, cause if it worked it would be my go to... love the look and size.

Last edited by a moderator:

timandolly

ECF Veteran
May 5, 2011
SE VA
The vision cartomizer is a hopped up ce2 on steroids red bull 5 hour energy etc works well with 100 vg and a provari at4.5 to 5 is what wakes these up. i have dripped and used these side by side and the flavor is so close but the vapor is twice as much. try them a little more expensive but i have used the first one for a month the clear tubes will crack in due time but a 5ml syringe and a #11 o ring will turn into a cheap mans map tank. a vv mod can make a bad vape and poor cart, fluxomizer at wrong ohms giantomizer which do good at 3.7 but wake up at higher voltages

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
using halo tribeca on my sapphire and it explodes with flavor and TH and enough vapor to satisfy me for sure, it really is up to each user, to me the sapphire delivers the perfect amount of vapor, not overly so but more then enough for me.

Same goes for the vision deux, on my variable usb ego it cranks nice at 3.7 and even better at 4.2 with great taste and huge vapor and i good throat hit, to me throat hit depends more on the juice then the device, some devices are going to deliver a cooler vape while others hotter so you choose what suits you best, some like coke others love pepsi, its the name of the game.

with the vortex, if your having such issues you contact support and youll be helped out.

great review, and thanks.

jericoriver

Please support CASAA
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2009
Midway,Ga.
I have the vision deux and the Fluxo Delux/CE3's. Both are great and I use both daily.The vision's have as much or more flavor, vapor,and th.. Yeah I don't like the tubes cracking so easy,but if I could only get one or the other it would have to be the visions.I use them on 3.7v mods and on vv's. At 4.2v and holding 3ml, they are the best.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
i will say this, halo and johnson creek and 2 others i wont mention have a flavor or 2 that simply dont perform well in certain devices, the juice is great but whatever they use in them doesnt work in every device equally, I have had this with certain dark juices and even some of our older flavors but for some reason these colored juices work better on some cartos or attys then other juices.

im using the prime 15 as we speak as well and it performs great, tribeca on the other hand performs well in certain cartos and not others, same with 2 JC juices I have , 1 works well the other not so much.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
well I cant agree there rob, reason being is that is evident that not every product is good for person, some will love a vortex too and nothing else, some prefer a vision 2 over anything else, others swear by the ce2, others only want a sapphire, others only thing a dual coil is the way to go etc.. each person needs to try a few cartos and tanks to see what works for them and then take it form there, but i get what your saying as I have been saying the same thing and singing the same song.

My friends hate the ce2 becuase it produces to much vapor for them and will only uses a 3.2 ohm ce2 on a ego becuase they are only looking for a little vapor to replicate a cig and nothing more so then they tried a sapphire and fell in love and wont use anything else. right now they are in greece using the same pack of sapphire from the first release with not 1 issue while another friend wont let go of his vision 2 for no money in the world.

robl45

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2010
florida
thats interesting because when I first started vaping, I was using 510 atomizers and carts. I had to smoke regular cigs a couple of times and the amount of smoke and difference was huge. I'd say the CE2's are closest to real cigs.

well I cant agree there rob, reason being is that is evident that not every product is good for person, some will love a vortex too and nothing else, some prefer a vision 2 over anything else, others swear by the ce2, others only want a sapphire, others only thing a dual coil is the way to go etc.. each person needs to try a few cartos and tanks to see what works for them and then take it form there, but i get what your saying as I have been saying the same thing and singing the same song.

My friends hate the ce2 becuase it produces to much vapor for them and will only uses a 3.2 ohm ce2 on a ego becuase they are only looking for a little vapor to replicate a cig and nothing more so then they tried a sapphire and fell in love and wont use anything else. right now they are in greece using the same pack of sapphire from the first release with not 1 issue while another friend wont let go of his vision 2 for no money in the world.

VirusZ

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
La La Land
Huh, what a traitor, you should vape your own stuff! XD :)

i will say this, halo and johnson creek and 2 others i wont mention have a flavor or 2 that simply dont perform well in certain devices, the juice is great but whatever they use in them doesnt work in every device equally, I have had this with certain dark juices and even some of our older flavors but for some reason these colored juices work better on some cartos or attys then other juices.

im using the prime 15 as we speak as well and it performs great, tribeca on the other hand performs well in certain cartos and not others, same with 2 JC juices I have , 1 works well the other not so much.

VirusZ

ECF Veteran
Apr 18, 2011
La La Land
I dont know, I think it all depends on what you tried.

In my 3-4 months of vaping i got every type of cartomazier, tank and atty that sold (except 801)
Initially I liked Tanks, 510T and eGoT and some CE shorty and it was enough, and I hated dripping.
Then I got 306 and now i only drip, and hate every single tank, i feel how they have less flavor/TH and less everything and are complicated to use.
The only thing that comparable to dripping is Dual Coil @ 2.0Ohm on Provari at 4.7-5.0V
But my issue with filler based carts is that the day after they have less flavor, the flavor of the juice goes away and you need to clean them dry them and fill again, so its wastes juice.

I do need a good tank tou, I go outside once in a week so dripping is a chore, I hope that Vortex 2 or the Deluxe or the Smokymaizer will be good enough, waiting for my order

Applecracker

ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2010
Overland Park, KS
If you can vape at higher voltages I would recommend a vision. I think the sweet spot on that guy is about 5 volts. If I had to guess.

My 2.4 ce2/3 fluxo gives off about as much smoke as a anolog. I would try them side by side but I promised myself I wouldn't have an anolog.

Hey kolo, these new deluxes have been consistent for almost 48 hours for me now, much better than the old CE2's. I keep waiting for it to fail some I'm using less quality juices and I am basically a fog bank right now! And I can tast just how bad the juice is haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread