Review of some of Flavor Wests' Flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringerOfDusk

Apr 6, 2016
PDX
Hey All,

So I thought I would try my hand at a review here. As you can see, I'm a pretty new member here, so any constructive criticisms/feedbacks would be greatly appreciated. So, lets dive in!

I recently ordered a handful of FW's flavors to start my DIY setup.

The flavors I ordered (all in 4oz/118ml)(prices in USD):

Honey - 6.51
French Vanilla - 5.81
Coffee - 6.68
Strawberry - 5.63
Natural Strawberry - 7.91
Shipping was about 14 bucks for the lowest tier shipping. I got it about 5 business days later.

Price wise that seems pretty darn good to me. Compared to Capella Flavors 19.99 per 4oz bottle. Shipping seemed a little expensive, but worth it considering the average 13 bucks saving on the bottles.

To the taste review.

Honey - Uh... Bleh... Smelling it in a mix, it smelt like children's cough syrup. Dripping it it tasted "ok" for lack of a better word. Definitely didn't taste like honey to me. It almost had a sour apple taste to it, but without the sweetness that sour apple flavors tend to have. Putting it in a tank(smok TFV4 .15ohm) it tasted horrid. Super harsh, very sour. Overall 3/10

French Vanilla - Wow... Super clean, vanilla taste. Very mellow, not overpowering, but still present. Not much else to really say about it. Overall 8/10

Coffee - I've tried Capella's coffee flavoring. This one has it in the bag. Super rich, silky flavor. The only downside to it is it's not very strong, 25% flavoring in my mix with it and it's still a bit on the mellow side. But OH! is it worth it. I'm a huge coffee guy, and this hit the spot. Overall 9/10

Strawberry - Similar to the coffee in the fact that it's kind of on the mellow side. But it doesn't really have an "artificial" or "candy" strawberry taste which is nice. Overall 7/10

Natural Strawberry - This is going down the drain IMMEDIATELY. Has a very, very, bad taste... Imagine burnt wick taste mixed with plastic. It does have the slightest taste of strawberry. But the initial and aftertaste is almost gag worthy. Overall 0/10

My Recommendation

8mL of Coffee & 4mL of French Vanilla. 25% Flavor 3mg Nic 80/20 mix
7mL Strawberry & 5mL French Vanilla. 25% Flavor 3mg Nic 80/20 mix

I just got in a bunch more flavors from them, so look out for a Part 2

Thanks for reading,

BoD

Reactions: Lady M
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread