Review of the new ePuffer 605 ePipe Starter Kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

PipeandTrilby

Dec 11, 2011
United Kingdom
Thought I would share my review of the new 605 ePipe Starter kit from ePuffer.com

You can view the video here.

The 605 ePipe is based on Cartomizer technolgy and I was quite surprised by it.

Thanks for the video, I was going to make one myself and this has given me some good pointers. How are you getting on with it? I bought the same one from china and I have had a great time with it. I am currently creating a mod by soldering the port from an EAZE Magnum cartomizer to an old Titan-T battery case so that i can attach a 510 atty and tank to it. I find that the cartomizers are a bit expensive and so far they only have tobacco flavour available. For me this is a bit restrictive and I love all the different flavours as the mood takes me, so this way I can grab my favourite e-liquid and vape away.

Unfortunately an E9 or Eaze Magnum to 510 connector is not available in the UK so I have resorted to my trusty Dremel and a bit of solder to create the mod.

We have been discussing the 605 here - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/212390-anyone-try-e-pipe-dse-605-a.html

Damper

Feb 22, 2012
Norway
I did get this adaptor that does connect 510 cartomizers/ atomizers etc. to the Eaze Magnum battery - from LeCig. It was shipped to me in Norway in 5 working days. I do not know how tha 605 pipe is buildt, but the adaptor does add only a few millimeters of lenght and the outside diameter is flush with the Eaze Magnum battery and standard Boge cartomizers. It might work in the pipe as well.

PipeandTrilby

Dec 11, 2011
United Kingdom
I did get this adaptor that does connect 510 cartomizers/ atomizers etc. to the Eaze Magnum battery - from LeCig. It was shipped to me in Norway in 5 working days. I do not know how tha 605 pipe is buildt, but the adaptor does add only a few millimeters of lenght and the outside diameter is flush with the Eaze Magnum battery and standard Boge cartomizers. It might work in the pipe as well.

Tanks for this, I'll defo check that out. In the mean time though I have finally finished my DIY Mod. Pictures and Video to follow. I basically cut the end off of a valerian cartomizer i bought to help me sleep (but found they were too short to screw into the pipe!) and used an old 510-T battery and did the same with that connector. I found that the 510 Connector had a very small inner piece (this is where the air flow through and is the positive or negative connection versus the outer case being the other pos or neg connection) but i did find that the valerian carto had a much onger piece that extruded about a centimeter so i took apart another valerian carto and replaced the 510 connector.

I had to make the cuts with my trusty Dremel very close to the threads so that i could get at the outside of the inner tube piece and solder onto it. I couldn't solder before inserting it back into the port because the hole (and there is a rubber bung to separate the outside from the inside) was too small to allow the solder blob to pass through.

After some thought I clamped both the ports with the threads facing out and the small inner tubes facing in and got them as close as humanly possible to each other, then just added solder to make the connection all the way round them. That was the inner parts connected from the outside done,and this allows the airflow to be unimpeded Unfortunately they went a bit wonky but there was enough play in the rubber bungs to allow the actual threaded parts to bend slightly and line up again. To strengthen the connection and to make the other positive/negative connection on the outside, I took the rest of the 510-T outer battery casing, measure a long enough piece to slide over the top of both ports and cut with the Dremel.

I also sliced down the side so that it could be bent slightly open (Obviously the battery tube is the same size as the port so it needed to be a bit larger.

So far I just put a bit of tape around the whole thing just to make sure the outside casing didn't slip, however there is some pay so i will have to either glue or possibly weld them together, or get a big enough piece of heat shrink tubing and put that around.

Preliminary tests are fantastic. I attached a standard resistance 510 atty with a tank and very good results , vape volume is great, hit is great, and best of all, no more comparatively expensive carto's. Please be patient I will post pics and vids as soon as i grab another few free hours in the day.

TheStopDoc

Moved On
Sep 9, 2011
Montana
I don't know who likes GreenSmoke Cartridges, but I really like Greensmoke's Mocha Mist and Red label Tobacco. But since the 605 ePipe has the same E9 connection as GreenSmoke's. If you put a small drip tip on a GreenSmoke cart, they screw right into 605 ePipe, and they vape great. Lots of vapor, and very good throat hit. They are easy to screw in and take out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread