review pages on the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

ames001

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
Canada
I don't know if anyone feels the same, or if it would be too much of a pain to add this feature to the site; but would it possibly be an idea to add a review feature to the site?

A vendor i used previously had the review option and it helped me decide more accurately the flavors that I would like; and theres less liquid sitting around that i wont use until I'm desperate.

and quite often I've seen people mention that they don't want to order something without opinions, and if there was review pages on the flavors they could get those opinions faster.

Just wondered if it might be an idea.... I LOVE TV liquids (all the ones I have anyway) and thought this might be a way for more people to love your juices

just an idea, so obviously if it gets shot down i'm not bothered, but does anyone else feel the same way?

SysEx

Apr 23, 2010
Lake Forest
A review section would be nice as well as helpful to new customers, particularly one's that aren't ECF members. Being that TV doesn't offer any samples, people have to purchase blindly unless they are *in the know* and toggle back n forth between TV.us and ECF.com searching for flavor reviews.

@chainvapor: very constructive comment.

Last edited:

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
Like I said, just my 2 cents. And Geoff links to the ECF forum for the trading thread. If you want samples, all you have to do is follow his link and ask someone. So, I do not think the review section on his website is needed, but if they decide to put a review section there, I will post reviews. I am not saying they should not do it, just saying it really is not needed IMO.
CV :glare:

@SysEx: Thanks for sharing.

SysEx

Apr 23, 2010
Lake Forest
Like I said, just my 2 cents. And Geoff links to the ECF forum for the trading thread. If you want samples, all you have to do is follow his link and ask someone. So, I do not think the review section on his website is needed, but if they decide to put a review section there, I will post reviews. I am not saying they should not do it, just saying it really is not needed IMO.
CV :glare:

@SysEx: Thanks for sharing.

once again you contribute absolutely nothing to the thread topic. troll elsewhere plz. kkthnx

ames001

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
Canada
A review section would be nice as well as helpful to new customers, particularly one's that aren't ECF members. Being that TV doesn't offer any samples, people have to purchase blindly unless they are *in the know* and toggle back n forth between TV.us and ECF.com searching for flavor reviews.

@chainvapor: very constructive comment.

that was the angle i was trying to get at SysEx. I see where you're coming from though CV, and i knew that the opinions would be split; so i just tried posting it as a suggestion to see what the overall reaction would be

Blue Skies

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2009
So Cali
I think having the ability to read reviews on Geoff's site would be a cool idea...BUT on the other hand, it's just one more thing for their small team to moderate.

I am familiar with one other company in particular that has reviews available on their site under each flavor. Try to post a negative review and see what happens. Eventually it will be deleted. (I'm not saying Geoff would do this, just saying that the OTHER company isn't all it's cracked up to be.)

Ultimately, I just don't think reviews are THAT constructive in this business. One person's fave vape will be another's "makes me wanna puke" vape. I do enjoy reading other's reviews and maybe get ideas of things I might want to try, but just because someone says, "hey this (insert flavor here) is AWESOME! I'd buy it by the gallon!!!!!!!!111" doesn't mean I'm going to take out my credit card.

I order whatever sounds good to me and I really don't think that people should order purely based on the reviews of others. It just leads to disappointment.

I hope I contributed enough to this thread to live up to SysEx's standards. Thanks.

Last edited:

SysEx

Apr 23, 2010
Lake Forest
I hope I contributed enough to this thread to live up to SysEx's standards. Thanks.

more-so than most posts i've read here.

*edit*
Ultimately, I just don't think reviews are THAT constructive in this business.

I do disagree with you here though, I think reviews are a major contributing factor to TV's success as well as word of mouth (as it relates to forum talk). Hundreds of posts on this site saying stuff along the lines of, "After reading all the great reviews I decided I had to try TV..."

As far as what leads to disappointment, it usually tends to be the un-informed customer making un-sure purchases. Reviews are good for many things not just liquid. imho.

Last edited:

mrsblackross

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2010
Alpharetta, GA
here's a solution...rather than having a reviews section on Tv's site that would need editing, moderating, etc...why not have a link on every page to a designated flavor review thread (or threads).
That way, users who are new and don't know the flavors have an easy one-click link back to honest opinions.
And Geoff and crew will still have more time for mixin'

:)

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I think that a lot of the reviews that would end up on the website would be from people who tried them the day they received them. With a product like TV's liquids, I prefer getting reviews from people who know that day 1 (or even day 5) they are not getting an accurate, final flavor and who therefore withhold reviewing the flavors they don't initially like.

ames001

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
Canada
here's a solution...rather than having a reviews section on Tv's site that would need editing, moderating, etc...why not have a link on every page to a designated flavor review thread (or threads).
That way, users who are new and don't know the flavors have an easy one-click link back to honest opinions.
And Geoff and crew will still have more time for mixin'

that would work too, very well actually. In fact, as there would be multiple opinions of the same flavor on the same thread (as usually happens) the newer people would have a 'rounded' opinion

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
once again you contribute absolutely nothing to the thread topic. troll elsewhere plz. kkthnx

I have been called a lot of things, but TROLL is not one of them. So I think you can take your opinion SysEx and SHOVE IT WHERE THE SUN DON'T SHINE!!

CV :(

P.S. I contribute plenty to this forum. I have done Video Reviews and have told Geoff numerous times how wonderful him and his crew are. I have also traded some juice with a few people so they could try Geoff's flavors before buying, so if anyone is the TROLL here it is you. Please do not refer to me in that manner again. I did nothing that called for that.

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Okay, I'm going to step in here. Since we're tossing "leet" crap out here, if you're having problems finding reviews on certain flavors, my "leet" response would be LURKMOAR!

While I think SySex has a valid point, I don't think he has a particular pleasant way of delivering his point, which in my opinion is a bit of a put off.

We pay for a forum because this is where we offer deals.

This is where we tell you about products.

This is where our customers chime in about their opinions of products.

This is where you can hook up with people and get opinions AND samples of products you'd like to try, since we don't offer it.

I don't think that having 20 different forums to discuss exactly the same thing is going to accomplish much except draw more time away from our staff, when we can simply moderate one forum and address things as needed or make notes of concerns.

There hasn't been anything suggested that isn't already being accomplished right here on the Tasty Vapor forum already.

Since 90% of our customer base is generated from people coming from ECF, I have to assume someone must be reading reviews and threads already. Which saves the other 10% for us to deal with on the phone or Live Help.

chainvapor

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2010
Kodak TN
wow. a bit sensitive here, aren't we.

I'm sorry to have come down so hard on CV.

My bad.

In the words of CV: Please forgive me I'm having a bad day.

All better now?

Yep, all better. You are forgiven. I just do not see why you even said what you did anyway. I was just stating my opinion on the matter, that is what these threads are for, aren't they? Does everyone have to agree with the OP?? And if so, why ask anything if everyone is going to agree, there is no reason for discussing anything right???

CV :vapor:

P.S. Hey Geoff! Sorry I got so irate! I just do not like being called a Troll. I do not believe I deserved that based on my comments at the beginning of this thread.

Burto1945

ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2010
Springfield, IL
Wait....what happened here? Did I miss something, or are differences of opinions now considered trollish? I guess I didn't get the memo...:facepalm:

Anyway, I do like the idea of a separate thread for each flavor, it would consolidate many of the reviews, and video links could be posted in the appropriate thread. Sounds good to me...(but what do I know?) I hope nobody disagrees with me. :blush:

nightsong

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Dallas
Obviously I'm new so not exactly sure what the rules are around here but perhaps a Tasty Vapor sub-forum could be created just for reviews? (for example, the Pay It Forward social group has a sub-forum just for PIF co-ops) Just to keep reviews easier to find. It would be very nice to find all reviews for a flavor in just one thread, searching for a flavor as the keyword finds many threads, not all of which contain reviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread