Not open for further replies.

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
Meh. Mesh... No thanks!

.8ohm micro with R41 wire and wicked with cotton.

Sublime!

9u9e7yre.jpg

Mistaree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Hampton, Virginia
Evening & Happy Vapes !!
My "Rich-brid " has been shipped & the countdown begins...lol
Three days or less...Ooo.. I'm hoping for the "less"... Now I have to order me some more XS-18 & go to Lowe's to find some SS cable...Question is what size ?? The XS-16 Silica Sleeves is what made me start liking Genesis atomizers again...
I have a RSST with the silver plated brass center pin, combined with the xs-18 on the ss cable...Whew ! What a difference.... So looking at all my mid-grade..sigelei mods, KTS, Kamry K100 & my Altsmoke Silver Bullet & Omega mods...
I don't think I can imagine my "Richbrid" sitting among such mediocre mods... Don't get me wrong, I'll probably still use some of them, every once in awhile ... Like my sigelei #19b with the new bottom switch, my Magneto & K100...(smile'in) Who am I kidding... You can only vape 1 mod at a time & I don't see myself vaping anything but my Richman Hybrid...lol
But it won't be setting with the others...it will have its own spot on my nite stand... So I can wake & go to sleep looking at it
Can't get much better than that...Now let me go on Facebook & see who else ordered the "Richbrid"....lol

Last edited:

Xobeloot

The Dirty Monkey
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2013
Grafenwöhr, Germany
I post my impressions from the hybrid thread here too as this gets more play

I got mine today 017 and just set it up. Easy to read impressions below

Pros
Threading and build quality is nice
Finish on mine is even and has that nice feel the atty did before it
Free drip tips are always good
The button is pretty nice though I thought it would be horrible before I put the battery in
Stands unlocked without firing
The atty is exactly what I like, single coil and with a post/screw for the positive. It's an easy set up
The reduced chamber does it's job, you get lots of vapor/flavor even at a low wattage
The contacts also do their job, she puts out
Cap fit is nice, also the raised deck wall seemed to solve the juice leaking issue.
Works with a kick 2 just fine

Cons
The lock ring was not the smoothest out of the box, two minutes of locking and unlocking and it's fine. Probably not going to be an issue with polished ones, I've had the same thing on matte mods twice the price.
The lock ring is big. Not a big deal but I am nitpicking so deal with it.
The logo and serial on the button are not looking like they will last too long
Would have liked a kick ring/18500 extension to all 18500's along and kick's with 18350's or 18650's
That's all I got

The fit and finish I didn't compare to things twice the price as that wouldn't be fair so while it is nice be mindful of the context which is it's price range.

I set it up simple with 325 mesh and 4 wraps of 30g Kanthal as I am not a big genny user so I don't have ss rope or whatever the hot new item is hanging around.

So all in all it's a hell of a mod for 124.99. The atty is a huge improvement and the mod itself is pretty nice. I bought this over a pure (I actually had the chance to buy one right around when this pre-order opened up) and I don't regret it. It's a bit more versatile and I like steel things.

Also, if the new version of the atty has the same design, it's going to be a steal at 30-40 bucks.

I would also like to mention that Rich took a lot of the suggestions people made in this thread regarding the atty and applied them to this mod's atty. I have nothing but respect for that and working to get decent stuff out at a price most folks can attain it at.

You beat me to the punch. Not much more I can add to what you have said. The drip tip was a very nice surprise! And yes, the polished lock ring was smooth out of the box.

Evening & Happy Vapes !!
My "Rich-brid " has been shipped & the countdown begins...lol
Now I have to order me some more XS-18 & go to Lowe's to find some SS cable...Question is what size ?? The XS-16 Silica Sleeves is what made me start liking Genesis atomizers again...

Mis: The wick hole is 3mm (1/8"). Also, if you go to a place like Lowes, be sure you are getting SS rope and not Galvanized... Galvanized is BAD M'k!

Mistaree

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2010
Hampton, Virginia

Aww Yess !!! I made a great choice for the polished mod... Dang !! That looks like it was made for a "Grown Up"...
And exactly what I wanted...smh... Now I seriously can't wait... Congrats to All that got their "Richbrids" today....
Have Fun Playing With Your New Hybrids... Don't 4get to give your reviews...

beazy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2013
panama city
My fill screw finally stripped out so I started using a blunt nose tip cover as a plug. It was a small one with a very loose fit and during the time I had it all the wicks a coils I made were great. I lost that smaller one and started using one that was larger that sealed the fill hole entirely. Ever since that I've had dry hit issues daily. I thought I was going insane until I read this post. Pulled the plug and im back in business. Amazing the difference just a small amount of airflow can make.. Now I need to try and remember where I got that little fill cap from

MqT2012

Sep 18, 2013
United States
I'm really looking forward to hearing about the RBA v2. I was going to pounce on the RM Hybrid, but for now I'm going to hold off until more RBA v2 news surfaces :) .

I don't suppose that there will be anymore more of the v1 RBA available before the v2?
Also is the RM RBA v2 still on track for 4-6 weeks post RM Hybrid?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread