Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
DSC_3807.JPG

sourcemore has given me this Rincoe Jellybox Mini to review. First, let me say I was allowed to select this item, which caught my eye because it looked nice and I was not at all familiar with the product. My expectations, I think, were reasonable: it’s an inexpensive mod, I wouldn’t say cheap, but surely not pricey, and I expected a fairly well put together item, that gave a reasonable, probably not mind-blowing vape. I didn’t even give a second thought to the TC function, assuming it would be completely underwhelming.

This was my reaction after setting it up and vaping on it: You gotta get one. Just go. Now. Don’t even read this review, time’s a-wastin’.
c1.jpg

Details:

Single battery, 18650, 20700, or 21700

1-80 Watts

Coil resistance:

.08-5.0 ohms VW mode

.05-3.5 ohms TC mode (NI/TI/SS)

200-600F in TC mode

.96 inch display

Comes in Amber clear, Black clear, and Full clear

Available at Sourcemore for just under $40

Out of the box, I note that all the surfaces are finished flawlessly, no rough spots, no weird gaps, all the parts fit together as well as on any high-dollar mod. The brushed stainless steel looks very classy. The design is clean and contemporary, everything is proportionate.

The screen is bright and easy to read, and the fire button is a nice size, firm and clicky but not a loud clicky. The Up and Down buttons are far enough away from the fire button that I don’t touch them accidentally. The wattage or temperature controls are easily locked/unlocked by pressing the Up/Down buttons at the same time.

c2.jpg

The battery door slides open. It’s not too loose, not too stiff. I really have a pet peeve with sliding doors that either will not open easily to take batteries out, or will not stay closed when there are no batteries in. I have mods that I never use because their sliders bother me that much. Not this guy. Very well behaved. Also, the door is clearly marked with negative sign.
And speaking of batteries, this mod comes with an adapter, and can accommodate one 18650, 20700, or 21700. I love having these options.

c4.jpg

DSC_3878.JPG
DSC_3875.JPG

It does have a bit of a shelf on top which is approximately 25mm, something to consider if you prefer larger atties.

DSC_3886.JPG

Stuff in the box: User manual, charging cable, battery safety card, warranty card, and quality certificate. While we’re on the subject, feast your eyes on this…

DSC_3889.JPG

DSC_3890.JPG

I never thought I’d see the day when I could gush over a mod manual, but here I go! This is a thing of beauty. It’s large enough to read! And not only that, it makes sense!

I’m not even going to bother typing any of that out, because they have done a stunning job of clearly explaining how everything works.

Okay, a little about how it works…

In VW mode, the Up/Down buttons adjust the wattage in 1 watt increments, and it does round robin. I personally don’t have an issue with not having half or 1/10th watt increments, but it could be a turn-off for some.
In TC its default setting is C, but it adjusts round Robin like the wattage, and when it gets to the highest setting in C it starts over from the bottom in F.

You do need to be in VW to turn on/off the LED – which lights up behind the board in kind of a slow pulse. I don’t notice any change in the vape using the LED in VW, but there is a significant sag in TC – I’m using it in SS mode. It’s a fun little novelty, but you can’t really see it when you vape, and it’ll surely eat some battery life. Maybe not much, but some. The LED will match whatever color scheme you select for your screen, and the screen will be that color with the LED on or off. Of course I checked, I like novelties. Your color options are white, red, blue, green, yellow, and purple.

The TC can be used with Ni. Ti, and SS. It’s very basic – there is no curve, or boost or any of those fancy things. You can adjust the heat and lock your resistance, and that’s all. But it vapes great, at least in SS. It reminds me of my DNAs’ Replay feature, same hit every time. And the simplicity will be a con for some, but a definite plus for others.

So I’ve been vaping this mod for a few days,, and I really enjoy it. It’s lightweight but solid, The battery life is good – I’ve tried it in VW and TC, and I am only draining the battery a bit less than halfway per day. As expected. The LED adds quite a bit of drain. Probably about 30%.

The screen is crisp and clear, easy to read in any color, in any lighting conditions.

The mod is great in the hand, no problems at all with that battery door. No rattles, no accidentally opening.

So what are my thoughts?

First, cons, although these may not be cons to everyone.

The top is limited to a 25mm atty, unless you don’t mind overhang. There’s no obstruction, so you could go as large as you like, it just wont sit flush with the top of the mod.

The TC is basic. No frills. So the downside is, you’re not going to have any adjustments you can make. That’s also kind of beautiful for those who are TC curious, but a little intimidated by the whole new language they’ll have to learn in order to program a good vape. Try TC without the rocket science.

The LED is fun, but it really diverts power away from the vape in TC mode. Not sure why that's not the case (or at least not enough that I could notice) in VW. And I did not test with Ni or Ti as I don't use those.

It’s clear, so your battery is going to show. You might want to spring for some fancy wraps so your batteries are going around looking tatty and sad.

The pros:

Looks great

Well built

Great in the hand

choice of battery sizes

Great battery life

Easy menu

Best user manual ever - is there an award for this?

TC for anyone, no experience required.

Price – this is a lot of mod for the money

Bottom line, highly recommend. I’d like to see more colors of Jellybox mini – I think it would look great in smokey topaz, fog gray, and some neon colors too. Fuscia, lime, teal. I’d want to collect them all!

Get the Rincoe Jellybox Mini from Sourcemore for only $25.89 with code JM80M!

Thanks, Lilia and Sourcemore for the opportunity to test drive and review this fabulous little mod!

Last edited:

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
View attachment 933911

Sourcemore has given me this Rincoe Jellybox Mini to review. First, let me say I was allowed to select this item, which caught my eye because it looked nice and I was not at all familiar with the product. My expectations, I think, were reasonable: it’s an inexpensive mod, I wouldn’t say cheap, but surely not pricey, and I expected a fairly well put together item, that gave a reasonable, probably not mind-blowing vape. I didn’t even give a second thought to the TC function, assuming it would be completely underwhelming.

This was my reaction after setting it up and vaping on it: You gotta get one. Just go. Now. Don’t even read this review, time’s a-wastin’. View attachment 933915

Details:

Single battery, 17650, 20700, or 21700

1-80 Watts

Coil resistance:

.08-5.0 ohms VW mode

.05-3.5 ohms TC mode (NI/TI/SS)

200-600F in TC mode

.96 inch display

Comes in Amber clear, Black clear, and Full clear

Available at Sourcemore for just under $40

Out of the box, I note that all the surfaces are finished flawlessly, no rough spots, no weird gaps, all the parts fit together as well as on any high-dollar mod. The brushed stainless steel looks very classy. The design is clean and contemporary, everything is proportionate.

The screen is bright and easy to read, and the fire button is a nice size, firm and clicky but not a loud clicky. The Up and Down buttons are far enough away from the fire button that I don’t touch them accidentally. The wattage or temperature controls are easily locked/unlocked by pressing the Up/Down buttons at the same time.

View attachment 933917

The battery door slides open. It’s not too loose, not too stiff. I really have a pet peeve with sliding doors that either will not open easily to take batteries out, or will not stay closed when there are no batteries in. I have mods that I never use because their sliders bother me that much. Not this guy. Very well behaved. Also, the door is clearly marked with negative sign.
And speaking of batteries, this mod comes with an adapter, and can accommodate one 18650, 20700, or 21700. I love having these options.

View attachment 933919

View attachment 933923 View attachment 933921
It does have a bit of a shelf on top which is approximately 25mm, something to consider if you prefer larger atties.

View attachment 933925

Stuff in the box: User manual, charging cable, battery safety card, warranty card, and quality certificate. While we’re on the subject, feast your eyes on this…

View attachment 933927

View attachment 933929

I never thought I’d see the day when I could gush over a mod manual, but here I go! This is a thing of beauty. It’s large enough to read! And not only that, it makes sense!

I’m not even going to bother typing any of that out, because they have done a stunning job of clearly explaining how everything works.

Okay, a little about how it works…

In VW mode, the Up/Down buttons adjust the wattage in 1 watt increments, and it does round robin. I personally don’t have an issue with not having half or 1/10th watt increments, but it could be a turn-off for some.
In TC its default setting is C, but it adjusts round Robin like the wattage, and when it gets to the highest setting in C it starts over from the bottom in F.

You do need to be in VW to turn on/off the LED – which lights up behind the board in kind of a slow pulse. I don’t notice any change in the vape using the LED in VW, but there is a significant sag in TC – I’m using it in SS mode. It’s a fun little novelty, but you can’t really see it when you vape, and it’ll surely eat some battery life. Maybe not much, but some. The LED will match whatever color scheme you select for your screen, and the screen will be that color with the LED on or off. Of course I checked, I like novelties. Your color options are white, red, blue, green, yellow, and purple.

The TC can be used with Ni. Ti, and SS. It’s very basic – there is no curve, or boost or any of those fancy things. You can adjust the heat and lock your resistance, and that’s all. But it vapes great, at least in SS. It reminds me of my DNAs’ Replay feature, same hit every time. And the simplicity will be a con for some, but a definite plus for others.

So I’ve been vaping this mod for a few days,, and I really enjoy it. It’s lightweight but solid, The battery life is good – I’ve tried it in VW and TC, and I am only draining the battery a bit less than halfway per day. As expected. The LED adds quite a bit of drain. Probably about 30%.

The screen is crisp and clear, easy to read in any color, in any lighting conditions.

The mod is great in the hand, no problems at all with that battery door. No rattles, no accidentally opening.

So what are my thoughts?

First, cons, although these may not be cons to everyone.

The top is limited to a 25mm atty, unless you don’t mind overhang. There’s no obstruction, so you could go as large as you like, it just wont sit flush with the top of the mod.

The TC is basic. No frills. So the downside is, you’re not going to have any adjustments you can make. That’s also kind of beautiful for those who are TC curious, but a little intimidated by the whole new language they’ll have to learn in order to program a good vape. Try TC without the rocket science.

The LED is fun, but it really diverts power away from the vape in TC mode. Not sure why that's not the case (or at least not enough that I could notice) in VW. And I did not test with Ni or Ti as I don't use those.

It’s clear, so your battery is going to show. You might want to spring for some fancy wraps so your batteries are going around looking tatty and sad.

The pros:

Looks great

Well built

Great in the hand

choice of battery sizes

Great battery life

Easy menu

Best user manual ever - is there an award for this?

TC for anyone, no experience required.

Price – this is a lot of mod for the money

Bottom line, highly recommend. I’d like to see more colors of Jellybox mini – I think it would look great in smokey topaz, fog gray, and some neon colors too. Fuscia, lime, teal. I’d want to collect them all!

Thanks, Lilia and Sourcemore for the opportunity to test drive and review this fabulous little mod!
Now that's my kind of review! Plain English and fun to read. All info needed.
Great job Delores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread