RIP Anthony Bourdain

Status
Not open for further replies.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
I know this is not a vape related discussion. And I expect class wife to place it appropriately. In a place where can be seen. If any of you have looked at my profile, I am a chef from Clearwater Florida. As such I mourn the death my colleague Anthony Bourdain. As a chef he inspired me through his books and media experiences to continue within my profession. He will be missed by myself as well as many others. If there are any interested parties I suggest you read his book, "Kitchen Confodential". It gives a solid insight to what happens in the " back of the house". Anyways I do not believe the circumstances as to his death. He was loved and will be missed by perhaps thousands. Thank you for allowing this post. God bless, and enjoy a joy-filled life.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
I know this is not a vape related discussion. And I expect class wife to place it appropriately. In a place where can be seen.

Yeppers, moved it to the Lounge with a 3 day redirect.

I was stunned to hear the news the other day !

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I really enjoyed watching his show. Considering all the personalities that can be viewed on television, he was one that I would have loved to call a friend of mine. He was so down to earth and seemed to have a natural interest in people in general. Without knowing him, I mourn his passing like he was a friend and I didn't really know him.

His sudden unexpected passing goes to show we never know what hidden demons each of us must deal with personally. I heard that he kicked a ...... addiction early in his career, and often remarked that he felt like he didn't deserve the life he had. Most cases of suicide are unexpected. RIP.

I have not read his book and will see if it is available at the library.

Last edited:

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
My husband was a chef and i was a baker and pastry chef. We had occasion to spend time with Mr Bourdain and neither of us can accept the story put out explaining his death. He will be sorely missed whether you knew him personally or not. He had a way of making strangers feel they had known him for years. We smell something fishy and its not in the menu. RIP

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
My husband was a chef and i was a baker and pastry chef. We had occasion to spend time with Mr Bourdain and neither of us can accept the story put out explaining his death. He will be sorely missed whether you knew him personally or not. He had a way of making strangers feel they had known him for years. We smell something fishy and its not in the menu. RIP
I met him at a Borders book store when he signed my copy of Kitchen Confidential. His carisma and encourgment in my career made me feel as though I knew him personally. I mourn him and envy you for having a personal relationship with him. Thank you and God bless.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
I really enjoyed watching his show. Considering all the personalities that can be viewed on television, he was one that I would have loved to call a friend of mine. He was so down to earth and seemed to have a natural interest in people in general. Without knowing him, I mourn his passing like he was a friend and I didn't really know him.

His sudden unexpected passing goes to show we never know what hidden demons each of us must deal with personally. I heard that he kicked a ...... addiction early in his career, and often remarked that he felt like he didn't deserve the life he had. Most cases of suicide are unexpected. RIP.

I have not read his book and will see if it is available at the library.
Unfortunately his book will probably not be available in this circumstance. It probably been sold out within minutes of this terrible news. Bet Amazon is back ordered. I am greatfull and will cherish my signed copy. It has become one of my most apreciated posetions. Love to all and God bless.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
I honestly don't know who he is but my respects and to his family, and condolences to those who admire him. It's always difficult to lose those you look up to..
Thank you as an old school chef he was like a hero to me. What all chefs and aspiring chefs want to be like him. We can not help but look up to him as he (like me) started at the bottom (dish washer) and worked their way up. Thank you. My most sincerest condolences to his family. You are missed.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Unfortunately his book will probably not be available in this circumstance. It probably been sold out within minutes of this terrible news. Bet Amazon is back ordered. I am greatfull and will cherish my signed copy. It has become one of my most apreciated posetions. Love to all and God bless.
One of my local libraries had a couple of his books available. I borrowed "Kitchen Confidential". Only a few chapters in and its an extremely interesting read.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
One of my local libraries had a couple of his books available. I borrowed "Kitchen Confidential". Only a few chapters in and its an extremely interesting read.
It is pretty raw. A genuine look in to the going on in the back the house at every resteraunt. As a vateran myself it is accurate.

Reactions: Baditude
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread