Riva 510 with LR cartos and battery life

Status
Not open for further replies.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
Also - I think battery charge time estimates are based on standard resistance and moderate vaping. So a 650mah battery should last about 6.5 hours of moderate vaping w/ a standard resistance atty or carto. If you were vaping constantly, you may only get 1/2 or 1/3 of that time. And then use LR and you can cut what's left possibly in 1/2. So maybe 90 minutes is right.

Momster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Do you mean died as is no longer works/holds a charge, or died as in just needs to be charged? I use Dual coil LR cartos (1.5 ohms) every day on my Riva 510 650mah, and it loses its charge more quickly than when I use a 2.0+ ohm carto, but definitely a lot longer than 90 minutes of moderate vaping, probably around 4 hours. Just for comparison purposes, my Riva batt is about four months old and used and charged every day. My 900mah and 1000mah eGo type batts can probably be moderately vaped with 1.5 ohm cartos for at least 8 hours. Of course, as in all matters PV, YMMV. ;)

Rocketman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2009
SouthEastern Louisiana
Just needs a charge. I feel like a heavy vaper. That 90 min was basically nonstop. Its only a 650 mah so I guess I can't expect too much.

The 90 minutes sounds reasonable to me. I vape 100 to 150mah per hour on average (for a 16 hour day). Heavy times maybe 2 or 3 times that rate.
You are hitting the Riva pretty hard so I hope you have spares.

Last edited:

Momster

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
It's ok, we've all vaped our brains out when we first started. I still do it sometimes when I'm really stressed. :)

If you can afford to get new batteries, you might want to invest in a 1000+ mah or two. They hold charges for a good, long time even when vaping with LR cartos/attys. liberty-flights has good prices, and if you click the 20% off area displayed on the upper left hand side of their home page, the prices get even better.

Good luck, and congratulations on ditching the analogs!

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...seems short to me...I'm using750mah Rivas with 1.7s and 2ohm cartos and getting 6+ hrs while vaping around 5ml/day, changing over to my third batt before bedtime...that is why I ordered an E-Power and some hi drain IMR batts to see if I get that batt change down to just once per day(inna good world)
madjack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread