Riva 750mah or 900mah?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badcrc

Apr 3, 2011
WA
I've been reading tons of stuff for days and I finally decided I wanted the Riva 510 carto deluxe kit on liberty flights. I don't really care about the cartos but I figured I could buy some regular attys and carts and try both, and with the deluxe kit get the case included, only problem is it's out of stock, so I find vaporflow.com and see they have a Riva with 900mah batteries. Adding in the case and same stuff I wanted from Liberty it's only about $15 more on vaporflow with the better batts. Is that worth it? Will the charger for the 900mah batts charge the 750 and 650 batts properly?

The other question I had was with the deluxe carto kit on Liberty it states it comes with widened cones. If I bought regular attys and carts can I use them with the widened cones and the deluxe kit batts?

Any help would be appreciated, I'm still a little lost on this stuff even though I've read a ton of material and been to a bunch of sites. I'm really disappointed with most of the web sites as most don't even tell you how to use what they sell.

badcrc

Apr 3, 2011
WA
The cones are mostly cosmetic, you don't need to use them and you can use a wide cone with regular atty but there will be a gap, you just can't use an atty cone with an over sized carto.

OK, guess I don't need to worry about that then. I was planning on going with the carto kit then buying the regular carts and attys and cones but I guess it's easier to buy the regular kit and try cartos later if I want.

Thanks for the reply

Sainted_S

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Nether Iceland of NWPA
I would normally say go with the bigger batteries, but looking at vaporflow, the warranty is only 14 days, with Liberty Flights it is three months for the Riva and six for the eGo. Warranties are very important if you end up with a bad battery. I know that Liberty Flights has excellent customer service and deals with problems with no hassle because I had a bad battery and received a replacement immediately.

badcrc

Apr 3, 2011
WA
I would normally say go with the bigger batteries, but looking at vaporflow, the warranty is only 14 days, with Liberty Flights it is three months for the Riva and six for the eGo. Warranties are very important if you end up with a bad battery. I know that Liberty Flights has excellent customer service and deals with problems with no hassle because I had a bad battery and received a replacement immediately.

Shoot, I didn't even look at the waranty, and I already ordered. Well hopefully I can weed out a bad battery in the 14 days. I got the 900mah dual kit and a case from vaporflow and and assortment of e-liquids, carts, a third atomizer (2ohm), an anodized drip tip (not real sure how that works just yet, but it looked handy) from madvapes. I have no idea what strength of liquid to get yet, so I just got 16mg and lower.

I've smoked on and off for about 23 years (since I was 15), but I never really had to have it, I just enjoy it. There's been periods where I just stopped for a year or so for no particular reason, then there's been several years where I only smoked when I drank. Now for the last year I kinda started up again and I've been smoking about 3-4 analogs a day using natural tobacco with tubes and an injector (for cost, but also so I wouldn't smoke too much). I figured before I started smoking more I'd try the e-cigs...hopefully it's not more of a pain than injecting my own analogs.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
This is interesting. I've never seen a 900 mAh Riva... Only 900 mAh eGo. Riva comes in 750 or 1100 mAh, only. LF doesn't carry the 900 mAh Riva, either. Neither does Eastmall. Liberty Flights carries the new SE Riva, wich is a true 3.7v device, as opposed to the standard 3.2v found on all the other eGo/Riva/Tornado batteries.

I wonder where they got the 900 mAh Riva...

badcrc

Apr 3, 2011
WA
This is interesting. I've never seen a 900 mAh Riva... Only 900 mAh eGo. Riva comes in 750 or 1100 mAh, only. LF doesn't carry the 900 mAh Riva, either. Neither does Eastmall. Liberty Flights carries the new SE Riva, wich is a true 3.7v device, as opposed to the standard 3.2v found on all the other eGo/Riva/Tornado batteries.

I wonder where they got the 900 mAh Riva...

Well I guess you were right...it arrived and says eGo all over the packaging and on the manual. Is that good or bad?

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
EDIT - nm all this - this is an old post? I am answering questions already answered?

According to Liberty-Flights the Riva 901 cones will fit the Riva 510 and the 901 ones are shorter and supposed to be wide enough to fit a carto. If I was at home I could verify that since I bought a Riva 901 cone at L-F for my Riva 510. Also remember to buy a button protector aka button clip (they are made for Ego but fit Riva)

Re chargers - as far as I know there are not different charger cables for different mah of Riva batetries - just one Riva fast charger cable and only caveat is don't charge slim 510 batteries on it.

Re Vaporflow - if they are in the US that should be fine. Just depends on how much battery charge you want and how tall a battery you want to use. The 750mah Riva batteries are about 2 7/8 inches tall.

BTW - you did press the 20% off on the Liberty-Flights.com site and then look at the prices? When you press that it reduces the prices shown so they are shown at 20% less.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread