Riva Batt/Charger problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlinko

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Ohio
Mistakenly posted this in the accessories forum....but I don't know how to move it here...

Wanted to see if anyone could help...I have a Riva kit from Liberty Flights purchased around Thanksgiving, and one of the batts started doing a weird blink pattern and would not charge. The LED on the charger itself stopped working as well. It APPEARS to still be charging the other batt, though it doesn't seem to be as strong when I take it off. Upon contacting LF about returning said batt, I ordered another kit so I would have a backup set (down to 1 analog/day and don't want to go back!!) and the set arrived fine. Now, after less than a week the LED on the NEW charger has stopped working as well, and it feels somewhat warm even without a batt attached. The other batt from the first set also apparently died last night (30 blinks now no fire after charge). Are these just really bad chargers? I have looked on other sites for 510 Riva chargers, and all look exactly like the ones I have, save for the LF logo screened on them. Any help/suggestions??

Thanks!

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
I have Rivas from LF as well...I had 2 batts and 3 charger go titsup in a week...they exhibited similar problems to those the OP expressed, I don't know if the the batts took out the chargers, vice/versa or a combination...I got 3 replacement chargers from hoosier...2 worked fine, one, I just don't trust...since these things are cheaply mass produced, overseas, with questionable QC, I just don't worry much about it and accept it as the price of doing bidnez with these overseas countries..........
madjack:2cool:

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
Ain't that the damn truth! :confused:

...no doubt...I had all of them marked just so I could track such things but, this all happened in a couple R three daze and was a done deal before I knew it...which was when I smelled burning plastic and found a charger about melted...the batt it was connected to never worked again either...the chicken or the egg...who knows(beside the shadow).........
madjack:2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread