Riva or eGo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

christianadivine

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
So I WAS pretty certain that I wanted to upgrade to an eGo but then saw some people saying the Riva was better. Can someone possibly point out the difference between the two and why one is better than the other? I wanted the eGo because I have spare 510 parts therefore, I can use them with my eGo and they don't have to go to waste, plus it seems like the eGo is pretty popular. Any feedback is appreciated. =D

Mr.Self_Destruct

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2010
Queens, NY
Some people say the Riva is better because they are 750 mAH as opposed to the ego that is 650mAh. They also seem to like the button better. They do make ego's that are 900mAH and also 1000 mAh. (i believe that's right)

I have a 650mAh ego, a 1300 mAh hello 016, and a 900 mAh DSE-905V3

The hello 016 lasts significantly longer than the ego and even the 905.

DonKarnageTX

Aug 4, 2010
Murphy Texas
im in the same book as you was going for the eGo heard about the riva then the hello now i am torn lol from what im reading the riva is a better battery with a longer life span on a charge and has a nice rubber button on it but the eGo seems to be super popular around here both cost about the same also think they both use 510 parts but i could be wrong i would like riva and eGo owners or owners of both to chime in here

edit-in the time tnhat it took me to post this you got plenty of answers

vapordraggin101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
Hi, I have a Riva from Eastmall.com, it has a 750 battery where a most ego's have a 650 battery, also the button is suppost to be better on the Riva as in easier to use and more of a rubber feel. I'm sure you will get plenty of feedback on the subject. I was looking to buy another Riva from VaporJunction.com but there out. Good Luck!

christianadivine

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
one more question, is the Riva made by a different manufacturer than joyetech, because the riva posted on vaporjunction is fairly cheaper than some of the eGo prices i was seeing? or is it slb's version of the eGo?

from what i'm hearing, the Riva's winning thus far. i prefer a rubbery feeling button, it's a tad cheaper (at least the set i'm looking at now), and it lasts a tad longer. =P

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
one more question, is the Riva made by a different manufacturer than joyetech, because the riva posted on vaporjunction is fairly cheaper than some of the eGo prices i was seeing? or is it slb's version of the eGo?

from what i'm hearing, the Riva's winning thus far. i prefer a rubbery feeling button, it's a tad cheaper (at least the set i'm looking at now), and it lasts a tad longer. =P

Unless they sell the Riva with authentic Joye atomizers, I'd check the price differential- two real Joye atties will run $14 to $17.

In my experience, which is somewhat limited, the Joye atties are worth it. That being said- I have not tried alternative atties other than bad no name knockoffs.

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
If you look at a Joye eGo & RiVa eGo they are the same design.

Just different manufacturers.

eGo is not a brand, just a product name or design from different people it seems.

I do believe eGo is the brand name for this style PV manufactured by the Joye people. Riva is manufactured by a different company and does not call itself an eGo. It's similar to calling a tissue a Kleenex. Not all tissues are actually Kleenex brand, but we've come to use it as a generic term for one of those things we grab when we sneeze.

Nobodyatall

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Phoenix

Beyond my knowledge and no instant google answer either.

Exactly who RiVa is and exactly who runs Joye is a mystery I cannot decypher. It sure looks like they are from competing factories in China. I get a sense of that when I see a flood of different, almost identical products from that inscrutable land.

Perhaps someone with the inside scoop will come by and enlighten us all.

Nobodyatall

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2010
Phoenix
I do believe eGo is the brand name for this style PV manufactured by the Joye people. Riva is manufactured by a different company and does not call itself an eGo. It's similar to calling a tissue a Kleenex. Not all tissues are actually Kleenex brand, but we've come to use it as a generic term for one of those things we grab when we sneeze.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, just reporting what I am seeing here in my hands.

This was sold to me as a RiVa product and is indeed marked eGo on the box and has the soft rubber button that people remark on. The unit itself, of course, has no marking, just like any other eGo I have seen. The documentation references the 750ma battery, but carries no manufacturers data. *shrugs* Could be a knock off, could be real, no proof either way. However, it does the job and that's all that matters.

I'm mentioning all this in light of the normal slipshod way in which Chinese industry works. They are so consistent in their inconsistency. And so respectful of branding, copyright, patent, and IP rights. The way they work, I wonder if one Chinese manufacturer even has the right to sue another for branding, patent, etc. infringement. I would guess not, in the Chinese legal system.

Curious, no?

mistinthewoods

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Brooklyn, MI
EGo, schmego. Riva shmeva. There's not enough difference to worry about. I have a Riva and like it. Some other guy has an eGo and likes it equally as much. Buy the one that's the cheapest is what I say unless the difference in the button is really important to you. Then go with the one you like. Personal differences in vaping habits more than masks the 100 mAh difference in the batteries and I doubt if there's really a discernible difference there.

christianadivine

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2010
Oh yeah, and as far as attys go, you're gonna need more than 2 anyway and they don't last forever so buy the 510 attys that you like. Simple. :)

i have 3 back up attys (genuine joye 510's) because i'm currently using the joye 510 and just wanted an upgrade. i think i'm going to go with the Riva. the price and rubbery feeling button are more appealing to me. LOL.

thanks for the feedback. it seems they're too much alike to really split hairs over. =P thanks, i was thinking that too. that if i don't like the attys on the Riva, I can just buy genuine joye 510 ones. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread