Riva seems like a better vape than an ego?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudgeVape

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
D.C./Maryland
I suppose it's possible. I think the stock Riva has a little more mah than the stock eGo so I suppose it is possible that it hits just a little harder off of a fresh battery. Even if that is the case, the performance would almost certainly equalize once the battery drains a little. What is also possible is is you have had the eGo batts longer, their performance may have started to degrade a little so they don't compare as well with new batts.

I agree about the button. The Riva button is better.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Last edited:

JudgeVape

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
D.C./Maryland
I've read some of the newer Rivas aren't regulated and are 3.7v off the charger. I haven't researched enough to know how to tell which one you have other than put it on a meter. But if that's the case that would explain the difference..

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/liberty-flights/156615-ego-t-riva-se-3.html

I have used some of those Riva SE batteries and cannot at all recommend them. They might hit a little harder fresh off the charger but if they do (and it was likely my imagination) the enhanced performance doesn't last long. The performance drop off as the battery drains is substantial, noticeably worse than the standard Riva batts. Even at their best, there is still a noticeable difference between the SE batt and a 3.7V mod in performance also.

Plus, I ordered three of them. One was pretty much DOA (test vape worked out of the package but as soon as I charged it, it never worked again). Another one died in 5 days. The last is still ticking but I found myself preferring to use the several month old standard Riva batts over that one before I moved beyond the Riva altogether.

FatBill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
CT
Thanks guys. OK... now let me add a little something. I really think the difference is NOT in the battery...but, in the atty.
I had the original attys for the Ego as well as replacement attys, they were identical in appearance and performance. The riva attys look different (gold band) and seem to have a much easier draw. Having an easy draw makes me vape a larger amount... of ... vapor. Well thats my opinion anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread