Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
I've been a steamcrave fan for years and have had most of their products, my favorite being the Aromamaizer Plus. When the Glaz rta came out I pre-ordered it, yes it looked cool but for my style of vaping it was a bit of a disappointment, the restrictive airflow being the main reason, cramped deck and I couldn't see why they made it a 31mm atty to begin with, sold it not long after and went back to the Plus.

Fast forward to now.... Mar 2019

After reading the changes that Steamcrave had made to the Glaz V2 I thought I'd chance my luck again.

Anyway onto the review.

Build and Wicking

First thing I noticed was the deck is bigger and the air holes have changed, instead of a slanted airflow, this deck has bottom airflow but is directed to hit the sides of the coils as well, pretty clever idea. The main AFC is bigger too, it has way more airflow than the original Glaz.

Popped in some Full NI80 Alien Claptons 3mm ID, although I think 3.5mm would suit this better, I wouldn't really go lower than 3mm though.

The juice channels are bigger and it's as easy to wick as the Aromamizer Plus, I cut mine to the chimney oring and placed them in, simple as that.

Glass and Chimney

Where the original had threaded glass (never a good idea), the glass on the V2 slides into a metal cage, a bit like the old school tanks did, this is a massive improvement.

Screw the cage onto the deck and the chimney pushes down over the deck and sits on the bottom of the cage, so much better.

You then simply screw the top cap on making sure the chimney lines up with the hole in the top.

So how does it vape ?

Best way to descibe it is, just like the Aromamizer Plus does, wide open it has almost the same wide open airflow but of course you can cut it down which I found myself doing, closing off just a few holes.
Im getting slightly better flavor from this than the plus too, I can only say it's to do with the bottom airflow and the design of the deck the way it hits your coils. It's a really good vape and looks awesome.

For me, all the problems that plagued the original have been fixed and I can't recommend this enough.

Pro's

7ml straight glass - PRO
10ml bubble glass - PRO
Build deck - PRO
Wicking - PRO
Steal cage around glass - PRO
Glass chimney and spare one in the box - PRO
Flavor - PRO
Wider/Bigger airflow, super smooth - PRO
Cloud machine if that's your thing - PRO
No leaking - PRO

Con's

There really isn't any with the RTA itself, seriously there just isn't.

The only thing that annoyed me was the installed glass on the atty was stuck solid onto the oring, there was no way in hell this was going to come off without breaking the glass, which is what happened, you can see where the oring was glued to the glass and ended up cracking it - CON

And the last nit picking complaint is that the V2 came in a V1 box, now whether they were just rushing them out and the next batch will be different I don't know but for me - CON

An outstanding RTA that now actually works how it should for a 31mm atty. Super smooth, saturated flavorful vape. I can only say for me personally, thank you for fixing the Glaz.

Rixsta

The Millionaire Vapor' The Enabler
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2015
Somerset, UK
Can you compare the flavor with Aromamozer v2 25mm and let's say a Kylin V2? Man is that a big tank but it will sit flush on VK 530? It's almost indetical to YiHi sx g class. Nice review and the first review on the internet!
Aromamizer V2 yes but I have to give the flavor edge to the Kylin V2. It is a big tank, it's 31mm, so overhangs .5 on each side of my mod but you really can't tell that much. The VK also has a 30mm 510.

Reactions: PpaStrmpf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread