RN4081 Carts Design - I'm Confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

As I mentioned last week, I ordered my 901 (mini) and 4081 (super) and both duly arrived on Saturday (Nov 1) along with loads of carts, liquid, atomizers and batteries. I'll give a full review of my experiences in due course but I need something cleared-up surrounding the design of the 4081 cartridges - as there appears to be two different types of assembly :confused:

I purchased 18mg regular and menthol, also my supplier kindly threw-in some freebies. The first 4081 cartridge I tried had what I can only describe as a bung attached to the inhaler. Noting else inside expect what looks like some kind of gauze at the bottom. I simply discarded the bung, attached the inhaler to the rest of the e-cig and puffed away. :)

The second 4081 cartridge I tried was what I expected. It had a cap rather than a bung and inside was a tiny cartridge which I attached to the atomizer - then I attached the inhaler and I was off again...

So, are there really two different cartridge designs for the 4081? Was I right in simply discarding the bung on my first cart? Am I being a total idiot? Sorry for the crazy question but please can someone put my mind at rest?:(

Thanks in advance....

mEtoke2

ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2008
Wisconsin, USA
sosjander said:
The first 4081 cartridge I tried had what I can only describe as a bung attached to the inhaler. Noting else inside expect what looks like some kind of gauze at the bottom. I simply discarded the bung, attached the inhaler to the rest of the e-cig and puffed away.

This "bung" is just a cap to keep the fluid from leaking out of the cart. You might want to save these if you plan to refill carts ahead of time.

The second 4081 cartridge I tried was what I expected. It had a cap rather than a bung and inside was a tiny cartridge which I attached to the atomizer - then I attached the inhaler and I was off again...

This is a cart for your DSE901 not for the supermini 4081.

yo han

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2008
the Dutch mountains
I also have a 4081 and it uses cartridges with a cap and a mini cartridge inside. So the last cartridge you describe sounds like it's a 4081.
Here's pic I made for my 4081 review. Does yours look the same?

Attachments

• 4081.jpg
    4081.jpg
    18.2 KB · Views: 40
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread