Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section, they do not seem to have an active ECF thread anymore. Please move if necessary.

This thread is not to smear them, but to ask if any current customers know what's going on with them.

I know they are still in business because they have a 2019 holiday sale posted on their home page.

Problem is, I placed an order on 12/2 (Cyber Monday) and my order is still in "pending" status.

I contacted them via contact form 2 days ago and no response yet.

Are they usually this slow and unresponsive? Or did they suffer a tragedy/loss?

I ordered from several vendors that day (US and China) & all have shipped within 48 hours. All the US orders have been long since delivered by now. In fact, I am fixing on getting an order from china delivered sometime this week as it has already been released by US customs. lol

I have never experienced such a long wait for shipping from any US vape vendor so I'm a little concerned. I don't like my money being tied up with vendors who say they have X in stock, but don't. Not saying this is the case with RockyMountainVapor, but I don't really know.

I see they are no longer an ECF supplier, so that is a bit disconcerting. I'm certain they used to be at one point.

Last edited:
    • Optimistic
    Reactions: Astron

CaveFurby

ECF Veteran
    Sep 24, 2015
    I see no vape shops in Breckenridge with that name, and there seem to be only 2 there. His site lists a po box, so this is likely a mail order out of home business. Yet it took your money. All of the inventory is OLD, like pre-2013. You've heard nothing in 10 days. I think you should assume you won't and try to cancel the order.

• Informative
    Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Well they used to have an active forum section here and people used to recommend them - found out by reading old threads. They have some old parts that are hard to find at reasonable prices, especially with 30% off code.

Shipping is also reasonable and free after $14.

I have a feeling they may have abandoned their site, but why would they keep paying for shopping cart, web hosting and credit card processing account?

Also forgot to mention that I tried calling their phone # today and no answer, just a generic "the person you are trying to reach is unavailable, please leave message".

• Informative
    Reactions: Diver9543

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Just got a call back from them. It's all good. Getting a refund because some of the stock I ordered they could not find (small parts). Not going to pass judgement at this juncture, I'll just wait for my refund. Will check for it in a few days but I'm not worried, I think they will refund. Sounded sincere. They just went about it all wrong. I also have protection anyway for 90 days. I can get my money back no matter what, but I'm pretty sure it won't come to that. I would have rather had the items, but not a big deal. The lack of communication is unnerving, I admit.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    Is that the vendor that used to have Pico's really cheap with a 30% off code of TURKEY (which seemed to work all year)? I know folks found them reliable but my impression was that it is/was a very small business. Sorry you had troubles but glad they made you whole. The industry is going through such upheavals right now with regulations all over the place there's no telling what may happen to smaller vendors, but generally it's not for the good.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    lol. When I first started, I bought a bunch of their old school, dekang style Tobaccos, Spinners and such. They definitely hold a place in my heart.

I still ues cigalikes and egos to simulate smoking cigs and cigars. I prefer auto bats, but auto egos are hard to find. Just ordered a couple from Fasttech, but I have my doubts they will work or work for long.

I'm a vaper, but deep down I'm just a smoker who switched to vaping. Will never go back.

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    I have a feeling they may have abandoned their site, but why would they keep paying for shopping cart, web hosting and credit card processing account?

Glad it turned out to not be the case here, but this happens a lot and not just with vape sites. The deal is that often web hosts, merchant accounts, etc offer discounts for 1 year or LONGER subscriptions so web site operators will often choose this option to save on costs. However if they decide to stop operating mid contract, the site often ends up staying up and operational. What they SHOULD do is manually take down the home page and replace it with a "Sorry we are out of business" page, but this doesn't always happen.

This is even worse with sites that sell some small software program but were paid via PayPal or something more manual and hosted on a Free host site but have since been abandoned. If you look hard enough you can even find sites that were obviously designed in the late 90's or early 2k that are still up selling Win 95 or Win XP compatible software.

• Agree
    Reactions: UncLeJunkLe

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Sorry to see them go, they were one of my early vendors too.

Sadly this story will likely happen more and more as the bans pop up and deeming regulations arrive.

I guess I should not have said what I said. I have no idea if they are going out of business. I just speculated that could be the case since it's not uncommon anymore. I removed it from my post now.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yeah, I have that old beat-to-crap Pico in my hand right now :).

I loved that it came with the 510 adapter for my Evod tanks.

Pico? Don't you mean Istick 20W or 30W? The pico never came with an ego adapter. They dumped that after the iStick 30W.

Istick 20W
    1943503-7.jpg

Istick 30W
    2082303-7.jpg

iStick Pico (75W TC)
    4476102-12.jpg

• Agree
    Reactions: smacuser

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 21, 2015
    @UncleJunkle - I don't know if it's still a concern or not, but a couple months ago, the owner was dealing with some major health problems. When I talked with him...he'd had someone else who was handling packing/shipping orders for him during that time, but was having some issues with it. He apologized for delays in shipment and promptly took care of the ordered items. Maybe the same is happening now, but IDK.

He's always been a "go to" vendor for me, as well as for people I've recommended him to. There were never any shipping or supply problems for years, before. He's basically been a 1 man operation and has always been responsive to any questions or concerns I've had.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread