ROFL I just ordred 48Mg in a 30Ml bottle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Babachoo

Moved On
Apr 17, 2009
Just wanted to make sure you know that when your 36mg bottles get 1/4 low and you add 1/4 of 48mg, it won't make it 36mg, it will be higher (39mg).

Before you DIY please know how to do math and don't confuse ml volume with mg potency. Stay safe ;)

Waiting until your 36mg is down to 15ml and adding 15ml of 48mg will make for a total of 30ml of 42mg strength.

DaMulta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2009
T-Town Oklahoma
Just wanted to make sure you know that when your 36mg bottles get 1/4 low and you add 1/4 of 48mg, it won't make it 36mg, it will be higher (39mg).

Before you DIY please know how to do math and don't confuse ml volume with mg potency. Stay safe ;)

Waiting until your 36mg is down to 15ml and adding 15ml of 48mg will make for a total of 30ml of 42mg strength.
:evil:I'm not scared ROFL

Antebellum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Madison, GA
:evil:I'm not scared ROFL

There's probably no real reason TO be scared. I've vaped straight (flavorless) 48 several times. I did not get a buzz from it, and I did not get sick. It's also not much fun without flavoring. Now I'm using it to "spike" my 24 mg smoke juice. I also have some in the fridge just for hoarding reasons. :)

Antebellum

ECF Veteran
May 8, 2009
Madison, GA
ROFL I just ordred 48Mg in a 30Ml bottle

I don't get what's so funny about this. It could be 48 MG in a 10 ML bottle and it still wouldn't be funny :rolleyes:

Hi, mamu - maybe he thinks it's funny because it's supposedly becoming harder to get 36 mg flavored liquid and he's just scored an entire 30 ml of 48. Oh, the irony. :D

mamacat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2009
WS, NC, USA
While it may be ironic, 48mg should be purchased only with the intent of cutting it down. Adding 48mg unflavored to TW liquid will only make it less flavorful in my opinion, which would defeat the purpose. Not to mention, it won't be thinned out enough. I vape 36mg regularly and have no adverse side effects from it, but would not try 48mg without cutting it first. I don't want a trip to the hospital.

DaMulta - please use common sense and be safe in your vaping.

wegster

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 10, 2009
    NC
    So, let's think about this, really.

MANY people do 36mg e-liquid uncut. Do you *really* believe it only takes a 25% increase in potency to cause 'potentially significant bad effects' , e.g. 'hospital trip' etc?

I find that *highly* unlikely.

There's also the very likely case that you retain/absorb *significantly* less nicotine from e-vapor than from cigarettes, with a pack of cigs being ~22mg *absorbed* into the body.

36mg fluid is 36mg (provided) per 1ml (or gram, mostly equivalent/very close) of fluid. That is the size of a penstyle cart, approximately. However, studies are placing *absorption* rates (how much do you 'get') at up to 1/10th or less of vaped vs inhaled, and comments by vapers that were more than occasional smokers seem to support this - many vape more than they smoked. The comments here were based on 16mg liquid, so let's cut that in half, let's use the 1/5th just for examples purposes (nice even number for math).

That means your 1ml penstyle cart of 36mg, of which you only ever manage to get say, half, of the liquid out of the cart before needing top-off or refill, is now really .5ml, or 18mg, with only at most 3.6 mg absorbed out of it, roughly one penstyle cart until vapor reduction (say ~40-50 drags, or 3-4 analog inhale equivalents), and if you're vaping 'like a cigarette,' with say 12 inhales as a 'cigarette,' you're only getting .9 mg per 'cig equivalent', versus 1mg-1.8mg for a regular cigarette. 48mg using the same numbers, would put it at ~4.8 to be absorbed in the entire useful cartridge, and at 1.2mg for a 'equivalent puffs to real cig').

I suspect those numbers are actually even lower, but the point being, people chain-smoke real cigs all the time. Like alcohol poisoning, it is certainly possible to also get yourself sick on nicotine. However, paying attention goes a long ways, as does education. The 48mg liquid is *not* harmful by itself. I would not suggest *drinking* it, but at the doses we receive to our bodies, I would *gladly* buy a liter of 96mg today (which I would cut). That does *not* mean the bottles should not be labelled appropriately, but the 'world is not falling' by offering 48mg e-liquid or higher, assuming a purchaser is not entirely stupid.

Some reading:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...5034-nicotine-absorbtion-vaping-research.html

And read the *entirety* of this thread page 7 or so is where the new info shows up:
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...nverting-e-cigs-regards-nicotine-content.html

While it would be nice if our governments/agencies were not so ignorant, or money driven, and I am all for getting *confirmed* data on e-cigs, nic absorption, liquid contents, etc...matters are not helped when we have vapers thinking the end is night because of something like 48mg liquid being available :-(

dawnlori

ECF Veteran
    Apr 26, 2009
    North Dakota, USA
    I don't think that 48mg is going to send me to hospital. I vap 36mg on a continuous basis. I do think the OP sounds rather juvenile to be 'ROFL' and thumbing his nose so to speak at the warnings. I don't want my 48mg, 36mg or any of my juice taken away. Kind of reminds me of binge drinking and I am in no way anti alcohol, I manage a Liqour Store. Not to say I haven't 'been there, done that', I just don't want to lose my rights, as few as they are because of irresponsibility on the part of OP. Maybe I am reading it wrong, if so I'm sorry. my best to ya, dawn

breakfastchef

Moved On
    Feb 12, 2009
    ...but the 'world is not falling' by offering 48mg e-liquid or higher, assuming a purchaser is not entirely stupid.

That would be the entire point made by those that posted rational responses to this thread. One could easily believe from the title of this thread that the OP may ride 'the little bus' to school each day.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread