Rolled mesh coil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I made a 200-mesh coil by folding it twice to get a three-layer flat strip, about 2mm wide, then roll it up to form a coil of about 3.5mm ID.
I tried it on an OBS Nano rta and the flavor for me is better than what I got with Clapton, alien or twisted coils

OH1cyK0.jpg

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
How's the mass/heat up and ohm layered like that?
I know single layer mesh screen in my Themis is crazy light. It's fast in TC but picky about the first TC jolt it gets. In wattage it was lower than I expected for the ohms and you'd better have a mod that does tenths.

I first thought of folding 400 & 500 mesh but the clamp deck is so wide the ohms were lower than I wanted.

How's the mass/heat up and ohm layered like that?
I know single layer mesh screen in my Themis is crazy light. It's fast in TC but picky about the first TC jolt it gets. In wattage it was lower than I expected for the ohms and you'd better have a mod that does tenths.

I first thought of folding 400 & 500 mesh but the clamp deck is so wide the ohms were lower than I wanted.

I used 200 mesh folding it over itself twice to get a three layer flat strip, about 2 mm wide and 5cm long .
It measures .36 ohms and needs about 38w. I don´t have technical information, but it heats up like a single wire coil and quicker than an Alien coil.
I made one with 400 mesh and flavor is excellent too, but it is very flexible and more difficult to wick, even though it is not impossible to use it.
In the pic you can see a paper, it shows how the mesh is folded.

btUednL.jpg

Well, I'm glad you are liking it and that it vapes well.

Me and mesh haven't met yet and I am not entirely SURE that's a bad thing and etc.

Anna

Mesh is also used as cotton for wicking, this coil holds juice like an Alien coil, but it warms up quicker and needs less power. Try it, mesh is good if used wiselly :)

Claudio4

Jul 28, 2018
Ushuaia, Argentina
I had never tested the TC until now, but since this coil is SS316L I wanted to see how it behaves in my Vaporesso mod with OMNI BOARD 2.0 board.
I can regulate the initial power, which I put in 50W and the temperature in 205ºC. As a result I liked the TC mode, good steam from the beginning and regulates the power very well, so this coil works well on TC.

Claudio4

Jul 28, 2018
Ushuaia, Argentina
Nice! I was thinking of doing a similar coil. No doubt that it works fab.

I'm sure someone also made this coil before me.
I realized that I compared this SS coil with several other coils, but all made of Kanthal, so now I have doubts about whether the good taste comes from the SS or from the coil itself.
Anyway, I'll be waiting for someone to build it to have another opinion, while I enjoy vaping.

If my English is bad, please blame the Google translator :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread