RTA for DrIPPeRs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im looking for an RTA to substitute for RDA's. Something for the long drive or when watching a movie, and just dont feel like dripping. Something that hits as hard with the same great flavor as a dripper. Now, I only own two tanks to compare. The Kayfun v3 and the Youde Goblin. Kayfun is awsome flavor wise, but the airflow at max level, still feels like im hitting through a tiny straw!!

The Youde Goblin, is freaking awsome, if built right. Closest thing to a dripper rba, ive tried so far. Then again, I only got 2 to compare to. I feel like I made the right choice compared to the Atlantis and Kanger Subtank. Based on the reviews, the Goblin out performs both. But the cons of the Goblin, are starting to get to me.

Like I said, in order for the Goblin to be awesome, it has to be built right. When I wick, I find it perfect to get just the right amount of cotton, inside the tiny juice channels. I went turned to the vape shop, for my second build. They shorted their battery, with 26g wire, like I did. Due to a tiny build deck. They ended up using a 28g wire, and not only stuffing the channels, but stuffed the sides of the juice well as well. Based on flavor, my build seemed better, cuz I can taste a little burned cotton taste, possibly due to too much cotton. And with the 3ml tank space, plus 4 juice channels, Im refilling via top fill, atleast every 30 puffs according to my box mod. Thats just enough for a 30 min drive. The top fill cap is convienient, but I lose about 1ml of juice when done this way.

Dont get me wrong, the Goblin is the closest RTA to a dripping atty, I tried so far. Then again, Ive only tried 2 RTA's. I can get use to building it, but the limited juice tank really gets to me. Im looking for an RTA with about 6-8 mL tank, that produces great flavor and a strong throat hit. Any recommendations?

Right now, im currently eyeing the joyech delta 2 and Kanger Sub tank. I know they perform well with the prebuilt stock coils. But me being frugal with $, wants to have the option to rebuild. How do any of those perform when Re-Built? Just as well as the stock coils? Any other RTA's I should consider?

Big fan of the og Kayfun, but disliked the tight draw, due to limited air flow. Not really a cloud chaser, but more of a flavor chaser. Tried the atlantis, was way too airy for me without enough flavor. Are the Kayfun v4's worth considering? Or should I wait, until the technology gets better? How does the delta2 compare to the goblin? I think an extension kit to the goblin, would be perfect but dont know if Youde would make one.

Well, its alot to answer. But like you, Im looking for the right RTA for drippers. Atleast for the long haul! Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I have been hearing good things about the Goblin. Seems to be selling out everywhere. But I have also heard the Lemo Drop gives a RDA style of vape because of the short body and the fact it has no chimney stem. Of course you can go higher resistance/higher power with a dual coil which will give an even warmer vape with more clouds. But it is only 2.7ml

But the air holes on that Goblin. Dayum!!!

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
Try finding a 2.3mm tool, which is about what most coat hangers are 26ga dual @ .6 ohms, it's tight but it will out perform up to some RDA.
Your not going to get that performance level from a bigger tank with a longer / smaller diameter stem / smaller airflow control.
In your case if you had to have 5ml to carry you through the day I would suggest buying two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread