Ruyan #1 disposable cigar review

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
I've got a 2 pack on the way. I'm somewhat of a cigar connoisseur, so this thing has a lot to live up to for me. I have 2 humidors and hundreds of different types of cigars under my belt from around the world, including dozens of premier Cuban brands, as well as extremely rare non-Cubans. With a blindfold on I could accurately tell you the name of most common cigars. And by taste alone I can tell you what kind of tobacco leaves were used in the cigar and even what country they came from. And I cry every time I go to my local tobacconist and see things like Phillies and Backwoods, and DutchMasters in the walk-in humidor.

So far these have yet to be reviewed by any cigar aficionado's as far as I've seen, so my review should be the ultimate test for these things.

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
I've got a 2 pack on the way. I'm somewhat of a cigar connoisseur, so this thing has a lot to live up to for me. I have 2 humidors and hundreds of different types of cigars under my belt from around the world, including dozens of premier Cuban brands, as well as extremely rare non-Cubans. With a blindfold on I could accurately tell you the name of most common cigars. And by taste alone I can tell you what kind of tobacco leaves were used in the cigar and even what country they came from. And I cry every time I go to my local tobacconist and see things like Phillies and Backwoods, and DutchMasters in the walk-in humidor.

So far these have yet to be reviewed by any cigar aficionado's as far as I've seen, so my review should be the ultimate test for these things.

I really look forward to hearing your take on them. I've never been much of an aficionado, but I really enjoyed the full taste of the Ruyans.

Of course, it won't be the same, as the tobacco flavors for the standard e-cigs are not the same, but, as an alternative to cigars, I feel like they've done a great job.

Just ordered the Vegas from smokelesswonder.com, a US Distributer for Ruyan. I confirmed from the Ruyan website that the Vegas is how the new Ruyan disposable is being marketed in the US.

I ordered only 1 to try it out. ($29.99) and I should get it within the next 3 days. Don't have to worry about customs.

If it's as good as the review says, then I'm going to order the box of 5.

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
A dissapointment , come on now compared to a real cigar yes it isn't , but for a cigar vaporizer it taste very similar I broke it open and added some grape e-liquid to it and my friends who all smoke grape cigarillos couldn't put it down . This thkng is a winner IMO

I can't believe that you just compared flavored cigarillos to cigars. Cigarillos are nothing like cigars. Cigarillos use completely different types/grades of tobacco than cigars, in fact, I would say that cigarillo's are closer to cigarettes then they are to cigars. It tastes nothing like a cigar. As I said in the review, if you blindfolded me and told me to guess what the flavor was I would never guess that it was a cigar flavor. This flavor tastes like candy, or like the fruit flavorings they use on flavored cigarillos, but nothing like a cigar. Out of all the e-liquids I've tried, this one tastes least like it's name. Even the cigarette flavors taste more like cigarettes then this flavor tastes like cigars. It's way too sweet and fruity tasting.

At least the cigarette flavors taste somewhat like tobacco, this doesn't even begin to come close.

Got it in the mail today, quickly opened up the package and the first thing I noticed was it's weight. It is kind of heavy.

Anyway, pushed in the cart and fired it up.......Holy ...., what the hell am I vaping here? Taste like carnation milk!!

I guess it is a taste that I'm going to have to get use to but I cant vape this thing for too long a time. My stomach started turning and I started feeling sick. :p OMG!

Vapor? Yep plenty of it except if you inhale, then you have nothing just as it was mentioned before.

I don't know, I guess I got spoiled with PS True Menthol in order to give this cigar a fair try.

Let me put this thing down...I'm getting dizzy.

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
I never got any overly sweet flavor from any of the Ruyan cigars I've received.

It's a deeper tobacco flavor, to me. More like a sweeter cigar.

It's just silly to try and compare this to a high quality cigar, as I explained earlier, but I think it's great as a cigar alternative or to mix things up when vaping non-tobacco liquids.

I hate that you didn't like it. If you ordered multiples, I'll take the rest off your hands. lol

**Sorry. Just got to the end of your review thread. Glad you're getting a kick out of refilling it. I'll be giving that a go in the next day or so.***

Last edited:

DCrist721

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2009
Long Island, NY
I never got any overly sweet flavor from any of the Ruyan cigars I've received.

It's a deeper tobacco flavor, to me. More like a sweeter cigar.

It's just silly to try and compare this to a high quality cigar, as I explained earlier, but I think it's great as a cigar alternative or to mix things up when vaping non-tobacco liquids.

I hate that you didn't like it. If you ordered multiples, I'll take the rest off your hands. lol

**Sorry. Just got to the end of your review thread. Glad you're getting a kick out of refilling it. I'll be giving that a go in the next day or so.***

I'm not trying to compare it to a high-quality cigar, the flavor doesn't come close to ANY kind of cigar at all, not even remotely. Like I said before, if blindfolded I would never even guess that this was a tobacco flavor. At least with the other tobacco flavors you can kind of tell that they're tobacco. But I would guess that this was some kind of fruit flavor before I would guess that it was a cigar flavor.

Sorry, I only ordered one for evaluation purposes.

I never expected it to comapre to a real stoggie, but I never expected it to taste the way it does.

But it does look cool!! :cool:

TommyGunBC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2009
Vancouver B.c.
Well blue max I guess you got a old one , because the new ones you don't have to push in the cart , just pull out the plug and vape . Dcrist I don't know if you got the same ruyan egar mine taste like a cheap cigar very much a strong tobbaco taste , did I just get lucky and get the new and improved ones I'm still impressed with it about a week of off and on use and still going strong .

D_Struct

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2009
Lufkin, TX
Well blue max I guess you got a old one , because the new ones you don't have to push in the cart , just pull out the plug and vape . Dcrist I don't know if you got the same ruyan egar mine taste like a cheap cigar very much a strong tobbaco taste , did I just get lucky and get the new and improved ones I'm still impressed with it about a week of off and on use and still going strong .

The three I received also didn't require pushing the cartridge in, as well.

I doubt there would be a difference in liquid, but that's just me guessing.

I agree that what I'm tasting is definitely more the "cheap cigar" flavor that you're describing.

I'm never one to assume I know a ton about cigars, as it's not really my thing, other than an occasional break from the norm.

To each his/her own, I suppose. I know I like them, and that's all that really matters.

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
The three I received also didn't require pushing the cartridge in, as well.

I doubt there would be a difference in liquid, but that's just me guessing.

I agree that what I'm tasting is definitely more the "cheap cigar" flavor that you're describing.

I'm never one to assume I know a ton about cigars, as it's not really my thing, other than an occasional break from the norm.

To each his/her own, I suppose. I know I like them, and that's all that really matters.

Guys Just a thought, I have been able to pull the tip off, you gotta pull hard, but it does come off
Take out the filler, clean or just top off w/ favorite juice, put tip back and vape. I have mentioned in the past, that mine is still going, even after NOW 4 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread