Status
Not open for further replies.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I have my Rx 200 for about a month now and I just put a new build on it it's a quad coil I know that's going to heat up the mod but what I'm wondering is is it safe for a regulated box to get hot I'm kind of worried about little things like that I took two hits off my new coil and the mod jumped up to 65° f

Nope.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Well i have thought of that before too but my rda is 30mm lol umm is it safe rn though?

hmmm. 30mm.
Well that's good.
what wattage are you running and what are the details of the coil, besides being a quad coil? and are you using temperature mode or wattage mode?

sparkky1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2014
Nashville
I have my Rx 200 for about a month now and I just put a new build on it it's a quad coil I know that's going to heat up the mod but what I'm wondering is is it safe for a regulated box to get hot I'm kind of worried about little things like that I took two hits off my new coil and the mod jumped up to 65° f

isn't 65 deg about 5 deg cooler than your room temp ?

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md

65F ? How is that Hot? My single 18650 mods get warmer in my hand.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
The more amps you try to push, the more heat gets wasted at the contact points, like the centerpin contact points;
You may find that keeping the contacts clean, keeps the mod from getting too hot.

Once you are getting close to the top end of the mod, you can expect it's going to get on the hot side of things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread