RY4, Casablanca, Ejoker. They all share the same taste notes. And I don't like them

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
Milan, Italy
Am I alone? I went with the general consensus. At the first opportunity I ordered three bottles, 30ml each.

I don't like them, I feel they all basically taste the same and the general taste is very similar to that of a perfume my wife wears. Have I got a bad batch? Am I the only one not finding them good?

Not protesting or anything, bad for me, I suppose. Just curious.:oops:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
believe it or not, i actually thought Casablanca and 555 Exotic tasted very similar when i first tried them. i had ordered them together and tried them both for the first time one after the other. i kept alternating toots between the 555E and Casa. i dont know if some of the flavors from the previous one were still on my tongue but i know that at the time they both tasted very similar.

all it took was a day or two of puffin just one of them for me to realize how incredibly different they truly are. since then, i have noticed the same thing with other juices when i taste several in a row. its much more difficult for me to determine the true flavor without puffing one flavor exclusively for a period of time.

im not saying this is what happend to you, OP, but i wouldnt rule it out based on what youve said so far.

SaraBee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2011
Maine
believe it or not, i actually thought Casablanca and 555 Exotic tasted very similar when i first tried them. i had ordered them together and tried them both for the first time one after the other. i kept alternating toots between the 555E and Casa. i dont know if some of the flavors from the previous one were still on my tongue but i know that at the time they both tasted very similar.

all it took was a day or two of puffin just one of them for me to realize how incredibly different they truly are. since then, i have noticed the same thing with other juices when i taste several in a row. its much more difficult for me to determine the true flavor without puffing one flavor exclusively for a period of time.

im not saying this is what happend to you, OP, but i wouldnt rule it out based on what youve said so far.

Aw, yeah! I just ordered my first bottle of Casa and 555 Exotic is my all day vape. If it's anything like 555E, I would be a happy camper. :laugh:

But to the OP, I strongly disliked RY4 when I first tried it. I got that Grandma's perfume taste as well. I threw it in a box and forgot about until I ran out of my 555E. Going back to it after a month or so, I found that either my taste had changed or it had steeped into something different. I really enjoy it. It's not my favorite BWB brew, but I will certainly order it again if I have the chance

Of course, you may not like it at all and that's cool. Taste is very subjective! But I would let it sit a little more before you give up on it. And as others mentioned, that stuff will sell like hot cakes on the classifieds if you still don't like it.

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Well what you know! I'm flying into Milan in a few days. I'll just swing by and pick these puppies up from ya! as soon as I book my flight. lol

I've never tasted the perfume thing from any of those brews but I do with any fruit flavors. Like others have suggested, just hide them away for a while and try them again in a few weeks. Casa and RY4 are nothing even close to one another so I think Kemo might be correct in that you may have been slamming your taste buds with one and it's masking out the others.

Hope they come to life or ya. If not, you'll defiantly be able to get your money back out of them. Good luck!

vapspaz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2010
SC
Some folks (don't ask me how) have some RY4 stashed for over a year and they say it's even better now. I've never been disciplined enough to make it last that long. lol

I suspect that even though you store it in a dark cool area, (NOT in fridg) that the nic level will drop over time. How much I don't know but I do know that nic is the most fragile ingredient to time in our juices.

FAAmecanic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2011
Crestview, FL

Im the same way...it takes me at least a few hours of "tootin" on a new juice to really start feeling the flavor.

Chornbro

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
VA/DC/MD Area
The consensus on the shelf life of juice is about 2 years...

As far as "sharing the same taste", I disagree completely. To me, they're all 3 very different and unique. The only similarity is that I can taste a hint of the same tobacco base in Ejoker/RY4...

RY4 is a creamy vanilla tobacco
Ejoker is a stronger menthol and cinnamon tobacco
Casa is a rich nutty Turkish-tasting tobacco

Just my 2 cents : )

Dkrom68

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2009
Backwoods NY USA
Somthing else to keep in mind here all this added shipping time getting to Italy however you get it there and where it is in between with different temps is hard to say if something couldnt happen in transit. Just like in the summertime here only in the US shipping at people mailboxes and things getting very hot.. Many variables but if they all taste the same either there is something wrong with your hardware or something in all the transit could have messed something up
They are 18mg. But I live in Italy... the package was sent to me by Don on November 16th, so I guess all the steeping possible has already happened. Do you confirm they share a similar taste? It's that shared taste that I really can't stand.

El-ahrairah

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
Chesterfield, MI
Some folks (don't ask me how) have some RY4 stashed for over a year and they say it's even better now. I've never been disciplined enough to make it last that long. lol

I have a bottle from 11/14/11 that I've only take a few drops out of. It takes a lot of discipline, but if I don't keep it with my other juices, I think I can stretch it out for quite awhile. It would be nice to have several bottles in various vintages, though. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread