RY4 Flavouring Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

boz

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
OK, this is not your normal review. Firstly, because I already had an idea of the strength of this flavouring and secondly it has been done in reverse.

First, I must explain my methodology. I have used a fully charged 17650 battery in a Mako Maxi. I have used a new and clean LR 510 atty for each test so there is no contamination.

Secondly, I have started in reverse, ie, I placed 1 ml of pure 36mg ejuice into a NEW container, uncontaminated by any other juices.

Now I inserted 5 ml of HC RY4 flavour from a 110ml bottle I purchased myself.

So, now we have 5ml of HC RY4 and 1ml of clear 36mg clear ejuice.

Result No. 1 - at this feeble strength, which is 16.67% eliquid to 83.33% RY4 flavouring liquid. OK, I don't have to test any further because even at 1/6 of ejuice to 5/6 pure HC RY4 tobacco flavour, there is no tobacco taste whatsoever.

I didn't bother trying any other strengths because this result was so disappointing that there was no use to try any more ejuice as even at this large quantity of flavour gave less than expected from five times as much of flavouring compared to one times eliquid.

So, my opinion based on this one test (I was truly hoping to add more ejuice, but it just wasn't on) is that there is no way I can recommend HC RY4 flavouring because it is just too weak to add any flavour to even a 5:1 mix, which is ridiculous when you consider it should be the other way around ie 1:5 mix.

OK, my next review will be with the 110ml of Flavor Flue cured tobacco flavouring, which I haven't tried yet. To be honest, I don't hold out any hopes of it being much better, but I would be more than happy to be proved wrong.

I hope this review helps people to make an informed choice when ordering tobacco flavourings, in the end, I have to give this product 0 out of 10 because it has bugger all flavour when added to anything. I'm sorry to have to give such a poor review but I have to tell the truth as it is for me. If someone else has tried this flavouring and has a different view, I am more than happy to hear from them.

Edit: I will be doing the same review on the Flue Cured Flavouring next, but to be honest, I don't hold out much hope for it to be any different than the RY4, I hope I am wrong, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

MarthaT

Moved On
Jul 23, 2009
  • Deleted by AngusATAT
  • Reason: spam

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
Not sure what to say. I use Ry4 flavor from HC and think it's great. My mix is 1ml 100mg VG to 2ml VG with 12 drops RY4 and it rocks. I have found going over the top with the flavor produces an unpleasant after taste but honestly I'm very happy with it at the mix I use.

Thank you for your review! :)

boz

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2010
Brisbane Australia
Hi all,

I have to tell you something about HC. I had a bad bottle of RY4 which I reviewed poorly however, the second bottle was OK. Over the last four days my wife and I drove to Sydney from Brisbane to visit my aging mum. When I returned today there was a package sitting at the doorstep and I didn't know who it could have come from as I don't have any current order for ecigs or Ebay. So we unload the car and I finally get around to opening the package and low and behold it's two bottles of RY4 from HC which I never even asked for, Amy just sent them off her own bat.

OK, the verdict on the bottles sent to me, to my surprise. Beautiful mild tobacco taste, very seductive. I would highly recommend the RY4 and I must say here and now that my first bottle must just have been an anomaly and unfortunately it slipped through the cracks. However, after trying the second bottle (I haven't tried the third, I hope it's up to the standard of the second and the bottles sent to me from Amy) I have to say that HC RY4 is a lovely mild tasting tobacco flavour that I will be ordering again when I run out.

Thank you very much Amy, you have lived up to your reputation despite my scathing review of my first bottle. Well done. :thumbs:

newsunshine

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
China
www.healthcabin.net
Hi all,

I have to tell you something about HC. I had a bad bottle of RY4 which I reviewed poorly however, the second bottle was OK. Over the last four days my wife and I drove to Sydney from Brisbane to visit my aging mum. When I returned today there was a package sitting at the doorstep and I didn't know who it could have come from as I don't have any current order for ecigs or Ebay. So we unload the car and I finally get around to opening the package and low and behold it's two bottles of RY4 from HC which I never even asked for, Amy just sent them off her own bat.

OK, the verdict on the bottles sent to me, to my surprise. Beautiful mild tobacco taste, very seductive. I would highly recommend the RY4 and I must say here and now that my first bottle must just have been an anomaly and unfortunately it slipped through the cracks. However, after trying the second bottle (I haven't tried the third, I hope it's up to the standard of the second and the bottles sent to me from Amy) I have to say that HC RY4 is a lovely mild tasting tobacco flavour that I will be ordering again when I run out.

Thank you very much Amy, you have lived up to your reputation despite my scathing review of my first bottle. Well done. :thumbs:

I am glad that you got the RY4 flavour and like them. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread