S - BODY VapeDroid C1D2

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMoL

Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
Sweden and UK
I have one. It's a very nice DNA75 device. No issues at all.

One thing to be aware of: if you buy from one of the Chinese vendors, those mods are not officially released and will not be guaranteed or supported by the modder. Only buy from Vapedroid themselves or one of their authorized distributors. Check out the Vapedroid Facebook group for more info.

IMoL

Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
Sweden and UK
Thanks for the heads up. I am not sure if the warranty is worth $40 more, as the board should still be covered by Evolv, but it's something to think about. Glad you like it. I will keep it on my short list. So how did you get yours if it hasn't been officially released yet?

I think I wasn't clear in my original reply. The mod has been released and sent to official distributors and vendors, but the ones that have found their way to gearbest etc have come to market via the 'back door' somewhere in the supply chain. I bought mine from an official vendor in the UK.

DeaconFuse

Aug 30, 2016
North Carolina
I am definitely interested in this one. I am torn with ether getting in the US for $129 at the place I found (support, warrenty) or $70 bucks Gearbest.

I have never ordered from gearbest but that is almost a $60 difference. Maybe cheaper than $129 somewhere in the US, but in stock that is the price I found so far.

I'd be curious to hear anyone else's experience with gearbest?

Ed_C

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Seligman, MO
I've ordered an RTA from them a while ago. It's made it into the US according to the tacking. ;) Slow boat from China.

I placed the order on 9/10/16.

BTW, the flash sale ends in a day. It's normally $100. But then it was on sale for a while before and was only back to the normal price for a day, before it went back on sale. GearBest, likes these limited time flash sales.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeaconFuse

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
I am definitely interested in this one. I am torn with ether getting in the US for $129 at the place I found (support, warrenty) or $70 bucks Gearbest.

I have never ordered from gearbest but that is almost a $60 difference. Maybe cheaper than $129 somewhere in the US, but in stock that is the price I found so far.

I'd be curious to hear anyone else's experience with gearbest?

Check the top of the product listing and make sure the product ships out
within a few days and don't upgrade to courier delivery from the likes of
Fedex, DHL and UPS. Ships out soon + delivery by postal service and you'll
be good to go.

Reactions: DeaconFuse

marquee

Aug 20, 2014
Utrecht, NL
I have one. It's a very nice DNA75 device. No issues at all.

One thing to be aware of: if you buy from one of the Chinese vendors, those mods are not officially released and will not be guaranteed or supported by the modder. Only buy from Vapedroid themselves or one of their authorized distributors. Check out the Vapedroid Facebook group for more info.

Was it configured well, I mean the presets?

Fad

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2011
England
Does anyone else notice that the fire button doesn`t work when pressed towards the bottom ?

I`m finding myself constantly misfiring and it even "locks" itself due to the mis-presses.

Must press the fire button at the top/top-middle only or else it doesn`t work - rather annoying but otherwise a great shape & size for a 26650 !

Wasn`t sure if it was just the one I got or the same thing happens with all of them.

Edit: It`s not just mine - it`s a design fault.

Last edited:
  • Creative
Reactions: Syarhan

thewarm

Nov 25, 2013
Seattle
I bought mine last November. The 'rubberized' finish flaked off after less than 6 months. I decided to take it apart to refinish it myself. Something I noticed makes me curious about the DNA75 board inside... The legit board from evolv has the up/down buttons side by side, whereas the S-body board buttons are vertical. Makes me wonder...
Anyway I'm trying to decide how to refinish this mod. I may just sand it down to the bare zinc alloy.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I bought mine last November. The 'rubberized' finish flaked off after less than 6 months. I decided to take it apart to refinish it myself. Something I noticed makes me curious about the DNA75 board inside... The legit board from evolv has the up/down buttons side by side, whereas the S-body board buttons are vertical. Makes me wonder...
Anyway I'm trying to decide how to refinish this mod. I may just sand it down to the bare zinc alloy.

If it works with eScribe, the board is a legit Evolv product. I have an Hcigar VT75 that also has top and bottom buttons instead of side by side, not sure how they pulled it off as I never disassembled it.

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017

Did you mange to refinish it ? mine flakes and i want to refinish it but didn't find a way to take out the 510 connector to take the board out any hints ?

maibol

ECF Veteran
Oct 24, 2017
Well after a good sanding and search over the internet i re-finish my C1D2 and this are the results......
I use a few layers of primer, bedliner coating and a bit of matte clear .... for the battery door i use a contact kind of paper but maybe i pull it out it looks silly on the edges and as i dont have a heatgun i cant fix it
it feels super grippy and the finish is holding amazingly till now

IMG 20180301 201230
IMG 20180301 201425
IMG 20180301 201440
IMG 20180301 201243
IMG 20180301 201222
IMG 20180301 201636

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread