safe 18650 battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2015
carson city nevada
The 18650CH has a 10 amp limit; the 18650C is a low-drain battery and I believe the CDR is 3 amps, which makes it unsuitable to the task. It's a laptop battery, not a vaping battery.
panasonic does not list a maximum discharge current for this battery but their data sheet does show a 2C discharge curve (4300ma average) which would make this battery safe for coils down to 1.0 ohms. fastech does have a good price on the 25Rs and the 2 I have from them work great $9.40 Authentic Samsung INR18650-25R 3.6V 2500mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (2-Pack) - 35A peak discharge / 22A continuous discharge at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping I am not a sub-ohmer so any of these batteries would work well in my application I don't think any of these batteries were designed for vaping. they are industrial batteries that are re purposed for vapers

Reactions: K_Tech

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
panasonic does not list a maximum discharge current for this battery but their data sheet does show a 2C discharge curve (4300ma average) which would make this battery safe for coils down to 1.0 ohms. fastech does have a good price on the 25Rs and the 2 I have from them work great $9.40 Authentic Samsung INR18650-25R 3.6V 2500mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion Batteries (2-Pack) - 35A peak discharge / 22A continuous discharge at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping I am not a sub-ohmer so any of these batteries would work well in my application I don't think any of these batteries were designed for vaping. they are industrial batteries that are re purposed for vapers
I've seen that same spec sheet and followed a few discussions about the battery.
Technically, none of our batteries are really designed for vaping, some, however, are better suited than others.

K_Tech

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Thank goodness for this thread. I just ordered batteries on Amazon......and I just canceled it. I will order from one of these sites,
Amazon's not that bad, as long as you're getting them from a known vendor. Orbtronic, for example, has an Amazon storefront.

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US
Amazon's not that bad, as long as you're getting them from a known vendor. Orbtronic, for example, has an Amazon storefront.

This. I have bought several from amazon and they are all authentic. I was fortunate enough to find someone selling authentics on my first order, and have stuck with them. The name is Health Store and More. I wouldn't hesitate to place another order from them. The only bad thing that has ever happened was one of the batteries out of a pack of 4 had a TINY dent in it(hard to even see) that had to happen at the factory since the boxes were in perfect condition. I contacted amazon and they sent me another set of 4 and didnt even make me send the damaged set back(too dangerous to ship damaged batteries). At the end of the day, i tried using the one with the tiny dent and it has been perfect. Even if I cycle the pair I was using with the dented one out of my rotation, I still got 6 batteries for 20 bucks. Even if it had been fine and I only got 4 batteries, getting 4 HE4 batteries for 20 bucks shipped to my door is a good enough deal for me.

Reactions: K_Tech

vapo jam

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2013
county of orange, ca
+1 to @Mooch

The 25R would be a good choice for the Subox. He has also listed some excellent vendors. I will further add RTDVapor, who lists the 25R at $6.79 each, and throws in a free safe storage case when ordered in pairs. I have been ordering my batteries there, and I can vouch for their authenticity and RTDs rapid service.

I get all my batteries from RTD, which, since they sell high-quality authentic batteries, isn't particularly often...

Reactions: suprtrkr

Will P.C.

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2012
County Jail
25r are my fav. Buy from a rep source. illumn is my goto 5 a piece and free shipping
I saw fasttech mentioned. Fasttech certainly has its place for the experienced vaper, but I am quite convinced I got some knockoff batteries 2 years ago. They only lasted a few months before they were completely shot out.

Bricca

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2015
Massachusetts
Although I've never purchased batts from fasttech, I've had a few 18650s come in Box mods from them. The ones I recieved were all fake purple efests and didn't perform really at all. Garbage batteries. The list of legitimate sellers on this thread is really all I use. Rtd, illumn, orbtronic. Great batteries from these folks.

K_Tech

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
This. I have bought several from amazon and they are all authentic. I was fortunate enough to find someone selling authentics on my first order, and have stuck with them. The name is Health Store and More. I wouldn't hesitate to place another order from them. The only bad thing that has ever happened was one of the batteries out of a pack of 4 had a TINY dent in it(hard to even see) that had to happen at the factory since the boxes were in perfect condition. I contacted amazon and they sent me another set of 4 and didnt even make me send the damaged set back(too dangerous to ship damaged batteries). At the end of the day, i tried using the one with the tiny dent and it has been perfect. Even if I cycle the pair I was using with the dented one out of my rotation, I still got 6 batteries for 20 bucks. Even if it had been fine and I only got 4 batteries, getting 4 HE4 batteries for 20 bucks shipped to my door is a good enough deal for me.
Not to sidetrack, but that's another reason I like using Amazon when I can. Their exchange/return policies are VERY consumer-friendly. One of the few places where the customer is always right.

sej7685

Sep 15, 2013
California
i thought this was interesting enough to add to this thread.

Is it a fake 18650 battery? (Featuring the Samsung 25R) – 18650 Battery | BATTERY BRO

I purchased 2 25r's from illumn.com, and 2 25r's from the mentioned seller on Amazon. com (health store and more) for comparison purposes.

I'm happy to report that the batteries from both vendors are identical aside from an added silver sticker with the model number printed on them which came from illumn.

suprtrkr

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2014
Cowtown, USA. Where the West begins.

Is it a fake 18650 battery? (Featuring the Samsung 25R) – 18650 Battery | BATTERY BRO

I purchased 2 25r's from illumn.com, and 2 25r's from the mentioned seller on Amazon. com (health store and more) for comparison purposes.

I'm happy to report that the batteries from both vendors are identical aside from an added silver sticker with the model number printed on them which came from illumn.
I have gotten good product from Amazon/eBay in the past. I have also gotten :censored: product. While I agree with everything you said, the nature of batteries and their relation to vaper safety is such that I can not in good conscience recommend such a thing. Please yourself, and I am delighted to hear you were well served and got what you paid for. But for my part I shall continue to recommend the standard suppliers. Especially here in New Members.

Reactions: Mooch

speedy_r6

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2015
Illinois, US

Great article you linked. I have been happy with both illumn and "health store and more" on amazon. I would prefer to order from illumn, but the free shipping on amazon was what made me go with health store and more for some of the batteries(HE2 and HE4). The VTC4s i ordered came from illumn, though. I didn't trust trying to find legit ones on amazon.

Reactions: Mooch

devin graham

Unresolved Status
Jul 30, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

devin graham

Unresolved Status
Jul 30, 2015
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status