MY first question about 18650 batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

sej7685

Sep 15, 2013
California
I have been using my evod for the last year and now im over it. I pulled out my Kamry KTS and fixed her up so the threads are securely holding my tank.

My question is about batteries. I am using a Panasonic CGR18650C (not CH).
And from the little bit of research i've done it seems like this is not a safe battery to use even in a mechanical mod such as my Kamry KTS.

I typically use anywhere from 1.2-1.8 Ohm coil heads. however i can wrap them in any configuration my PRO-tank-2 will accept.

Can anyone give me some suggestions for suitable and safe use 18650 batteries for my rig, that don't break the bank?

I have a few dollars credit on Amazon and was hoping to be able to use that for a couple new batteries.

I don't vape 24/7, I don't even vape 7 days a week. However with a better experience that is subject to change.

Thanks

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I agree with roxy. Both those batteries are great and will do the job for you. If you would like more to chose from check out Mooch's battery chart. At 0.6 ohms on a mechanical mod you're going to be drawing 7 amps. If you never go below that resistance in a mech mod or want to use these batteries in a regulated mod at up to 20 watts, 10 amp batteries will be enough for you and you will be able to get higher mAh for longer run times on a charge. I do like my four Samsung 25R though :)

I would not buy batteries on Amazon or Ebay. Lately there have been a few reports of counterfeit Samsung 25R from there and the batteries people got were really inferior. I always go with known good battery suppliers. You won't be able to use your credit, but the prices from Illumination Supply, Liionwholesale.com and Imrbatteries.com are really hard to beat. Here's my list of known good suppliers that I trust:

Illumination Supply
Liionwholesale.com
Imrbatteries.com
RTD Vapor
Lighthound
Orbtronic
Battery Junction

Good luck with it :thumb:

Last edited:
Reactions: tmcase
Status
Not open for further replies.