• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Safe to vape juice with grain alcohol???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wickedwench

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2012
Toledo
I think the answer is hidden in the nature of addiction. I contend that every single person walking this earth has some form of addiction. Drugs, booze, chocolate, salt, exercise, talking, sex, etc. The two questions that have to be asked are: 1. Is this intense desire hurting me or anyone else? and 2. Do you control it or does it control you?
Most of the time if people are hurt (like smoking or booze), it is easy to see. Not so easy to spot in a bulimic or someone who obsessively works out.
To me, control is the bigger issue. If it controls you, it has to be changed, even if the addiction seems positive on the surface.
I could never have stopped smoking, no matter how damaging it was, because I couldn't control the urge. Pills and patches were useless. No pencil was safe because I would gnaw them to bits (damaging my teeth). Substituting the nicotine didn't address my control issue.
I wanted the rituals of opening a fresh pack, tearing the foil, tapping the first one out, the flame to light it. I wanted to sit with my head wreathed in smoke more than I wanted the nicotine!
vaping covered all of my intense desires without the damage level of cigarettes. Am I in control now? No, but I'm a lot more on control than I was. The desires have eased.
I guess what I would ask is what about the booze calls to you? If its the buzz, you are out of luck with vaping. I have never heard of someone getting high or drunk from vape. If its the flavor, I haven't found a booze flavor close enough to stir memories. If its the ritual, maybe the filling, cleaning and maintenance of vaping will address that.
I do know, from my doctor, that vaping is safe for diabetics because despite sweet flavors, vape wont change your blood sugar. If you have a doctor you trust, ASK!

Foxman

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Trussville al
If I am concerned enough to ask about it, I avoid it.

Well put D W I've been sober 23 years and unless I've got a reason to go to a bar, I don't go. I KNOW what I am. One of my sponsee's just went back out with Make beleive marajhana be cause he WANTED to get high. I'm kinda torn on this, but it goes back to what my sponsor told me early on. If you does something with the intention of getting high or atltering
your thinking then alot of things in our normal life can send you back out. I'm covinced I'm an alcholic there for as long as my spritual life is in order I can do anything I want to do. I do take drugs for a medical condition, but I actually take less than what the dr prescribes for that reason, because I don't want to go back out there. I don't beleive I'd make it back. Talk to your sponsor about it. Thats what were here for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread