Safety of Propylene Glycol & Glycerine From Bulk Apothecary/Nature's Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutless

Mar 17, 2014
SW, PA
In my search for price effective DIY e-liquid supplies, I ran across these sister sites (a quick whois on the sites confirms this). On Bulk Apothecary there is mention of food grade materials, while still carrying the USP label. On Nature's Oil, and the Amazon.com shop thereof, they repeatedly claim it is pharma grade material. I fail to believe these two suppliers, who are two fronts of the same company, carry different products from different sources. I've already read the purity sticky in E-juice Discussion, but if we're being honest with ourselves, how many companies do we believe purchase Dow OPTIM for use in their e-juice base (especially the premade, ready-to-ship stuff coming from the Far East)? So I'm curious, who on the forums has dealt with either of them? Anything shady about the company? Is the product of reasonable quality? Thanks!

Last edited:

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
Yep, USP certified, and clearly stated prominently on the site. Anything other than that, I run away. If you like Amazon for ordering bulk PG and VG (I do), many of us purchase from the Amazon store Essential Depot. Very decent prices on quart and gallon sizes of PG and VG. Reputable, clearly marked and stated as USP grade. I feel more than comfortable using their product: Amazon.com: Glycerin Vegetable Kosher USP - 1 Quart: Health & Personal Care

Flt Simulation

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2014
Florida
usually get 215ml @36nic at 100% PG after cutting 1/2 .... i have 430ml at 50/50 mix at 18mg of nic to work with.

You know, that's really a good way to save money on juice.

Buy a 215ml bottle of 36mg nic / 100% PG unflavored juice ... Then cut it with an equal amount of USP glycerine from Walmart = 430ml of 50% PG / 50% VG, 18mg nic unflavored juice. :thumb:

Where is the cheapest place to buy flavorings?

Hypatia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2013
Titletown, USA
You know, that's really a good way to save money on juice.

Buy a 215ml bottle of 36mg nic / 100% PG unflavored juice ... Then cut it with an equal amount of USP glycerine from Walmart = 430ml of 50% PG / 50% VG, 18mg nic unflavored juice. :thumb:

Where is the cheapest place to buy flavorings?

Yep, buying unflavored in a "vapeable" strength double (or triple) of what you like is a good way to save without going head first into DIY. Mix appropriately (1:1 or 1:2, respectively) with VG, and you just doubled or triple your money (less the cost of the VG).

I like unflavored myself, but a couple of flavors now and then is good. There's tons of places to get the flavors. I get the nic from Wizard Labs, and they sell flavors from several brands, so it's easy to throw a couple of those on a nic order.

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Cheapest I have found. 18mg ready to flavor, 50/50 blend. 2 cents per ml.

Have no idea if they are any good, just found them while researching diy.

Good price, but I didn't see anywhere on their website stating they use USP grade VG or PG. They might be and just don't advertise it....not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread