Vegetable Glycerin v/s Propylene Glycol

Status
Not open for further replies.

chevelle

ECF Veteran
Is this a good or bad thing? I suppose what I mean is, are you supposed to be using a substance used for inhalation therapy on a regular basis. My immediate response would be, "no", but I'm not a doctor.

Well thats an interesting question. I dunno as I'm not a doc and I never even played one on TV. I do believe however, that since its commonly used for inhalation therapy, we at least know its not something awful or mysterious. I'll take my chances even though the possible long-term effects are unknown. We do know the effects of smoking and none of it is even remotely good! I'm not real concerned with PG or VG compared to that. The flavorings are the only real variables in the whole thing.

Thanks to the OP for the great VG information. I feel even better about vaping now.

Empress Kitty

Supreme Empress of Earth
ECF Veteran
Well thats an interesting question. I dunno as I'm not a doc and I never even played one on TV. I do believe however, that since its commonly used for inhalation therapy, we at least know its not something awful or mysterious. I'll take my chances even though the possible long-term effects are unknown. We do know the effects of smoking and none of it is even remotely good! I'm not real concerned with PG or VG compared to that. The flavorings are the only real variables in the whole thing.

Thanks to the OP for the great VG information. I feel even better about vaping now.

I concur, it is obviously not blatantly dangerous like analogs are, since it is used in breathing treatments. My :2c:

~Kitty

Empress Kitty

Supreme Empress of Earth
ECF Veteran
great info - thanks! i bought the food grade because my pharmacist says its better than pharma grade - can anyone confirm?

It depends on the manufacturer really, but I would think that anything PHARMA > FOOD as pharma has higher and more stringent standards. But I will try to find a link to answer your question.

~Kitty

lpwaqas

May 9, 2011
Hell
great info - thanks! i bought the food grade because my pharmacist says its better than pharma grade - can anyone confirm?

LOL its all 1,2,3-propanetriol as far as I am concerned being chemistry student and all; the food grade is good cause its eatable if thats your instinct then go for it :) however I have seen some nasty glycerol in 3rd world countries (with impurities and with traces of alot of other chemicals in it) so with FDA we are safe :) its going to be more than 95% pure food grade or pharma grade hence go for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread