Safety Question on 510 pin, Vaporesso Switcher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
Hello,

I recently got a vaporesso Switcher and so far everything works fine however when giving it a good looking over I noticed one thing off. The 510 pin looks to be a little off center and I wanted to get some other opinions on whether that could possibly become a problem down the road. Here’s a pic of it:
image.jpg

The picture doesn’t show it very well but, fiddling around with it I don’t think it got pressed down and caught on one side putting it at an angle. I’ve only looked at so many 510s in my life so, I may be nitpicking here but I thought I’d ask and get other’s opinions. Everything works as it should though so what do you think?

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
A short here would trigger an “Atomizer Short” error and the device would not fire. But the picture does give the perception that it is sitting high and off to one side.

Daniel (from DJLsb Vapes) usually measures 510 depth with his reviews, but oddly enough, did not measure the Switcher. He does disassemble the device if that has an value to you

Reactions: Dr. Seuss

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
Is it common for 510 connections to be a little this way or that way, or are they consistently dead set middle? I only have two to compare it to and those both are positioned like I would expect.

I fired it, it works but I’m wondering if wear and tear might become a problem over time. Would you personally file a warranty claim or would you let it slide?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Is it common for 510 connections to be a little this way or that way, or are they consistently dead set middle? I only have two to compare it to and those both are positioned like I would expect.

I fired it, it works but I’m wondering if wear and tear might become a problem over time. Would you personally file a warranty claim or would you let it slide?
It's a manufacturing defect, and could get worse over time.

IMHO, I would file a warranty claim for a free replacement.

• Agree

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
I had a mod which looked like that once. Took it apart and the rubber gasket around the pin wasn't seated correctly in the 510 housing. I got it reseated and it was OK. I think I did that to myself though. It was an old mod and I had been trying to pull up the 510 pin, maybe pulled on the gasket. If that's a new mod I would definitely try to get it replaced. If you mess with it you could make it worse and maybe invalidate the warranty.

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
Hello, thanks for responding.:cool:

The rda fires when attached but it looks like it’s only making a partial connection on the edge, it’s wearing the gold plating off just on that edge, but it does fire. I contacted the place I bought it from and they got back to me real quick and asked for pictures. So I sent them pics and I’ll probably hear something back sometime tonight since they’re based in China and on a different time schedule.

Do you think this is something to be concerned about? I’ve never taken apart a 510 so don’t really know what to estimate for wear and tear due to it being crooked and would rather not scratch up my atomizer’s 510 pins over time. I would have better peace of mind if it were lined up and making a clean flat connection but I figured I would ask here and get some opinions since it’s still under warranty and I’ve never had the situation come up before.

Dr. Seuss

ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2019
So, I had to send $10 to them and they’re shipping out another one from Hong Kong. With a feasable amount of good luck this one should show up in good useable shape.

They said I could keep this one too so I’m going to try to fix it but I’m having trouble finding a blown up parts diagram for a 510 connection. There’s got to be one somewhere.

@ Chelsea, do you sell the 510 for the Switcher individually, would that be something I could order from you?

Vaporesso_Milo

Brand Manager
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2016
So, I had to send $10 to them and they’re shipping out another one from Hong Kong. With a feasable amount of good luck this one should show up in good useable shape.

They said I could keep this one too so I’m going to try to fix it but I’m having trouble finding a blown up parts diagram for a 510 connection. There’s got to be one somewhere.

@ Chelsea, do you sell the 510 for the Switcher individually, would that be something I could order from you?
Sorry we don't have the separate parts like the 510 connectors for sell. And also we already discontinued the Switcher, so currently no accessories... Sorry for your trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread