Status
Not open for further replies.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I agree with @Opinionated Get a simple single coil RDA, and if you don't have a mod with a 510 connection, just buy the cheapest one you can find on clearance if all you will use it for is to use your RDA to test juices. Nothing fancy needed.

fasttech has many cheap RDAs that will be just fine for this juice testing purposes. For instance...

$5.86 ST Radius V2 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter / w/ BF pin at FastTech - Free Shipping

$5.75 NoName Plug-In Styled RDA BF Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 20mm diameter at FastTech - Free Shipping

Just make sure the solid 510 pin is installed instead of the BF pin (the BF pin has a hole through it for bottom feeding your juice with a squonking mod, don't want to use this on a regular mod).

As for a mod, you could maybe get something like this, but you could possibly find something cheaper. I'm recommending this mod only because it has an integrated battery and will last you a long time if you only use it to test juices with the RDA. Just realize you cannot build the RDA lower than about 0.5 or 0.4 ohms and the mod only goes up to 30W max.

$27.68 Authentic Eleaf iStick 30W 2200mAh VV VW APV Box Mod - 2-8V / 5-30W at FastTech - Free Shipping

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    I agree with @Opinionated Get a simple single coil RDA, and if you don't have a mod with a 510 connection, just buy the cheapest one you can find on clearance if all you will use it for is to use your RDA to test juices. Nothing fancy needed.

Fasttech has many cheap RDAs that will be just fine for this juice testing purposes. For instance...

$5.86 ST Radius V2 Styled RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 22mm diameter / w/ BF pin at FastTech - Free Shipping

$5.75 NoName Plug-In Styled RDA BF Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - stainless steel / 20mm diameter at FastTech - Free Shipping

Just make sure the solid 510 pin is installed instead of the BF pin (the BF pin has a hole through it for bottom feeding your juice with a squonking mod, don't want to use this on a regular mod).

As for a mod, you could maybe get something like this, but you could possibly find something cheaper. I'm recommending this mod only because it has an integrated battery and will last you a long time if you only use it to test juices with the RDA. Just realize you cannot build the RDA lower than about 0.5 or 0.4 ohms and the mod only goes up to 30W max.

$27.68 Authentic Eleaf iStick 30W 2200mAh VV VW APV Box Mod - 2-8V / 5-30W at FastTech - Free Shipping

Fast tech doesn't have much these days do they? I wonder what's up with that .. hope they don't stop selling vape gear.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    actually, for a mod all they would need is something like this:

Eleaf iJust Mini Vape Kit 1100mAh 2ml/3ml Pen Kit

be less expensive...

That's true, the Ijust Mini is less expensive and FT has many mods that are less expensive than the Istick 30W as well. But one reason I chose the Eleaf Istick 30W is because it's a a fully adjustable mod (wattage or voltage mode, whichever is preferred). Gives you more freedom - you use whatever resistance coil you want and set the wattage to whatever you want.

With the Ijust mini you only have 3 power levels to choose so that may not be a good choice for some people. But you can't go wrong with a fully adjustable mod, even just for juice testing purposes.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    That's true, the Ijust Mini is less expensive and FT has many mods that are less expensive than the Istick 30W as well. But one reason I chose the Eleaf Istick 30W is because it's a a fully adjustable mod (wattage or voltage mode, whichever is preferred). Gives you more freedom - you use whatever resistance coil you want and set the wattage to whatever you want.

With the Ijust mini you only have 3 power levels to choose so that may not be a good choice for some people. But you can't go wrong with a fully adjustable mod, even just for juice testing purposes.

that is true... I came back to edit that out of my post when you responded, but your right - especially for a new builder.

kayla729

Jun 20, 2021

Fasttech has many cheap RDAs that will be just fine for this juice testing purposes. For instance...

Thank you very much for the links. You are awesome.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    What is a RDA?

it's a rebuildable dripping atomizer... you need a precision screwdriver or hex key (depending on the rda) coils, and cotton for vaping.

$6.70 (Free Shipping) JACKLY JK6032-B 33-in-1 Magnetic Precision Screwdriver Kit Repair Tools Set (JK6032-B 33-in-1, Yellow) at m.FastTech.com

RDA's will come with the hex key or screwdriver necessary to build it - but the handles are tiny.. my preference is for something with a longer handle. Just easier I think.

$2.33 (Free Shipping) Stainless Steel + Ceramic Tweezers (SS + Ceramic, Straight, White) at m.FastTech.com

^^ ceramic tip tweezers

$3.89 (Free Shipping) BEST BST-7 Stainless Steel Curved Tweezers (BST-7) at m.FastTech.com

^^ metal tweezers

$2.28 (Free Shipping) Authentic Giant Vape Organic Cotton for E-Cigarettes (80mm*80mm, 5pcs/pack) at m.FastTech.com

^^ cotton

$3.88 (Free Shipping) 100PCS Authentic MKWS 316 Stainless Steel Pre-Coiled Wires for RBA Atomizers (316 SS, 28 AWG, 100Pcs, 0.6ohm) at m.FastTech.com

^^ coils

an RDA will come with a coil or two, and occasionally they'll throw in a piece of cotton although not always, it will also come with what you need to screw the coil onto the RDA..

you may already have tweezers at home as well as scissors for cutting the cotton, but building is more involved than a pod, although easy enough to learn:

you can use your mod as an ohm reader ..

Reactions: kayla729

kayla729

Jun 20, 2021
    it's a rebuildable dripping atomizer... you need a precision screwdriver or hex key (depending on the rda) coils, and cotton for vaping.

$6.70 (Free Shipping) JACKLY JK6032-B 33-in-1 Magnetic Precision Screwdriver Kit Repair Tools Set (JK6032-B 33-in-1, Yellow) at m.FastTech.com

RDA's will come with the hex key or screwdriver necessary to build it - but the handles are tiny.. my preference is for something with a longer handle. Just easier I think.

$2.33 (Free Shipping) Stainless Steel + Ceramic Tweezers (SS + Ceramic, Straight, White) at m.FastTech.com

^^ ceramic tip tweezers

$3.89 (Free Shipping) BEST BST-7 Stainless Steel Curved Tweezers (BST-7) at m.FastTech.com

^^ metal tweezers

$2.28 (Free Shipping) Authentic Giant Vape Organic Cotton for E-Cigarettes (80mm*80mm, 5pcs/pack) at m.FastTech.com

^^ cotton

$3.88 (Free Shipping) 100PCS Authentic MKWS 316 Stainless Steel Pre-Coiled Wires for RBA Atomizers (316 SS, 28 AWG, 100Pcs, 0.6ohm) at m.FastTech.com

^^ coils

an RDA will come with a coil or two, and occasionally they'll throw in a piece of cotton although not always, it will also come with what you need to screw the coil onto the RDA..

you may already have tweezers at home as well as scissors for cutting the cotton, but building is more involved than a pod, although easy enough to learn:

you can use your mod as an ohm reader ..

You are amazing. I really appreciate all this help.

• Love
    Reactions: Opinionated

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Can I buy a fully built/assembled rda so all I have to worry about is the cotton?

Nope. What you are looking for is a disposable RDA, which doesn't exist to my knowledge. You have to install your own coils. Not a big deal, though. It looks daunting, but it's not.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    If I were you, out of the 2 RDAs I linked to above, I would go for the NoName RDA. I think it's the easier of the 2 to mount your coil on. Just have to make sure your coil isn't touching the plastic part inside the RDA.

Just remember, fasttech is from China is it'll take a while to get you stuff.

vaper1960

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2019
    California, US
    I don't think you are ready for building RDAs (even though it's not super hard, it requires tools, patience, maybe magnifying glasses, ect) and (as mentioned) you also need a mod (the battery part) Why not just get a bunch of extra pods for the device you have (those mesh ones look nice... the 1 ohm) You will need extras anyway so why not risk a few to test juice flavors? There is a way to empty a pod (I do this myself) with what is called a "blunt needle syringe":
    https://www.amazon.com/Shintop-Syri...5&sprefix=blunt+needle+syringe,aps,224&sr=8-4

Reactions: Z-Lee
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread