sampling question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
Yes to both. You will likely need to thoroughly flush the T3 after each sample with very hot water...pay particular attention to the wicks. You may actually want to replace the wick...or the whole wick coil unit. Strong flavors may need a vodka or everclear soak. Of course you could also get some small clearos like the Kanger T4, but that would not be any cheaper than replacing the coil unit.

You can return the unused to the bottle if you haven't scorched it.

rowdyplace

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2013
Birmingham, Alabama
The Kanger T3s is my favorite. Replacement coil assembly for a little over a buck makes it easy to change flavors. Remove the bottom assembly. Save the outgoing juice. Wash that tank and tip in hot soapy water. Let dry. Drop in new coil assembly. Enjoy.

I take the outgoing coil assembly and run hot water over it. Then I soak it in Iso Alcohol 91% overnight in a glass jar. Shake well several times. Let dry for a few hours and they are ready to go.

Good Luck

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A drip atty & drip tip or a hand full of small clearo's like a Vision Nano clearomizer is the easiest way to sample flavors.
atomizer.jpg atomizer-3.jpg 510 atomizer

volt-ce3.jpg DiscountVapers.com_Vision_Nano.JPG Nano clearomizer

twgbonehead

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2011
MA, USA
A couple of suggestions, FWIW:

1. Don't put too much in the tank if you just want to try a bit of a taste

2. If the new flavor is compatible with the old one, and the old one is mostly gone, you can just mix it. If it's a really different flavor, or a really subtle one, you will want to empty the head and wash it out.

3. I never pour juice back into the original container. If you hate it, dump it out. If you like it, just keep vaping until it's gone. That other juice ain't going anywhere! Or buy a bunch of refill bottles for the backwash. If you follow #1 above, you'll never be wasting much.

MasteroftheVape

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2014
Columbia, IL, USA
tried not getting to technological (new word) but ill spill the beans. The coil itself is just that, a coil of wire that heats up when electricity passes through it. An atomizer is named for what it does, not what it is. You can have a coil that isnt an atomizer, but you cant have an atomizer without a coil. The coil with whatever wicking component, but all drip atty(atty=short for atomizer) employ either no wick or metal mesh because cotton or sillica would hold flavor.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Atomizer/ Atty- an element in a metal tube on to which 2-3 drops of juice is dripped. No wick or filler material- usually used for testing new juices because attys are easy to clean. To clean just activate battery and burn away excess juice. If the flavor is still present you can drip plain PG on to the element and activate batt to burn it away.
Two types of attys:
Bridged- a metal mesh over top of the element. Gets very gunked up quickly, harder to clean and is usually used by those that like to drip.
Unbridged- just an element with no mesh over it.

Bridged

Unbridged

For testing new juices I use the unbridged.

Schwiggiddy

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2014
Kentucky, USA
In my experience with many T3S's, I can do a quick rinse of the tank with the base taken off, and then maybe wipe off the base and the atty. Air dry both, but honestly a little moisture never bothered me. Usually within 5-10 puffs, the old flavor is gone and the new flavor comes thru. YMMV.

Edit: With a strong flavor, like say espresso, it may still linger for a bit, especially of the new flavor is more mild like a watermelon or something.

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
A couple of suggestions, FWIW:

1. Don't put too much in the tank if you just want to try a bit of a taste

2. If the new flavor is compatible with the old one, and the old one is mostly gone, you can just mix it. If it's a really different flavor, or a really subtle one, you will want to empty the head and wash it out.

3. I never pour juice back into the original container. If you hate it, dump it out. If you like it, just keep vaping until it's gone. That other juice ain't going anywhere! Or buy a bunch of refill bottles for the backwash. If you follow #1 above, you'll never be wasting much.

This is your best bet in my two month long experience. I did essentially as suggested and had no 'cross taste' from juices.

I use the same T3S as you (I have recently added a ProTank2 and Mini - but have used the T3S far more). I 'vaped' a smaller amount as suggested. If I liked it - I made a note. I then washed the coil and wick assembly in hot water (no soap), blew it out and gently dabbed with a towel.

I washed the T3S out with hot water and simply rinsed in distilled water so no minerals from tap water would be present and dried it with a hair dryer to speed being able to use it again. Eventually (in a week) I bought several more T3S units so I could have several flavors going at once through the day. It also saved cleaning as I found the ones I really liked.

You are new to this game (as am I as I noted) and my feeling is that suggesting a "dripper" is premature even if it is a great way to try new juices. Learning this 'stuff' slowly gave ME more time to do exactly that "learn"; the last thing I needed to do was be figuring out several atomizers at the same time. Since you asked, "What's a drip atty", you don't know (not a sin!) and would have to learn about them and how to use them which you don't really need at this stage of the game (my biased opinion of course). I'd stick with your T3S and just wash it or them and then later on perhaps move on when you know far more about what is available. There is no rock solid right or wrong - we are all different.

Welcome and enjoy!

Senile Old Man Don

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread