The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Samsung 25r's question.

Discussion in 'Korea Forum' started by Joey Price, Nov 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Waddle

Waddle Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2014
    Korea

Well I'm not actually a MTL, more of a restricted draw. My go to attys are usually the Kronos or Taifun GT v2. But with the cooler weather I find they are not wicking as well with the high VG (80/20) liquids I use. Once summer comes along things will be right again. I only add nicotine because zero nicotine liquid just lacks something. After reading, I doubt that the Bellus will be Kayfun tight, but probably suit my vaping style perfectly even with single coil.

EDIT: I'm tempted these days to go with an RDTA like the Avocado or Fodi because the only attys not giving me problems are my RDAs. But I hate dripping. By the looks of these RDTAs they have a juice capacity of about 3ml, easy to refill, and huge juice channels.

2. nwasiq

nwasiq Senior Member ECF Veteran

Dec 26, 2014
    Cheonan
    Yeah I think you'll love the Bellus then.

The only tanks I vape on these days are the Serpent and the Subtank (with the new rba base) with no issues whatsoever; most of my liquids are 85/15 (I don't use PG at all). I was surprised to read that you had problems with the subtank. Maybe you have the older RBA base that sucked at wicking? I only use a twisted 28g coil on it, 6 wraps, about 0.7-0.8 ohms.

3. Waddle

Jul 1, 2014
    Korea
    No I have the new RBA plus for the subtank and for the love of me I can't get to vape any higher than 12 watts (0.5 ohm standard microcoil) without dry hits. Maybe you wouldn’t mind taking a picture of how you wick it. The only way I can get a reasonable vape out of it is with vertical coils but it's too time consuming to wick.

4. nwasiq

Dec 26, 2014
    Cheonan
    Sure, I'll post pictures when I rewick tomorrow. Try a 0.7-0.8 ohm standard microcoil though. 0.5 didn't really work for me either; I think it heats up a little TOO quickly.

• Like Like x 1
  5. nwasiq

Dec 26, 2014
    Cheonan
    The cotton should be a tight-ish fit inside the coil; not TOO tight, tight enough so that it doesn't move easily if you try. And the tails of the cotton should be short enough that they rest on that platform, any lower than that is no good. Also, I fluff the ends a little with the scissors I use.

EDIT: that's a twisted 28g coil, 0.74 ohms, but I've used 6 wrap 26g standard coils on it without any issues before.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Waddle

Jul 1, 2014
    Korea
    Yup tried it that way too, thinned it, fluffed it, tight in the coil, loose in the coil, macrocoil, microcoil, and can't get it above about 12 watts. I've been vaping for about 6-7 years now and I can pretty much get my head around most attys, but this one throws me for a loop. Pretty much given up on it. Thanks none the less :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. nwasiq

Dec 26, 2014
    Cheonan
    Don't mention it, happy to help :)

Did your bellus arrive yet? I ordered the evic vtc mini about a month ago and it came in today. I'm so pleasantly surprised with how well built and small it is! It's a fantastic replacement for my glitchy and ugly IPV mini

• Like Like x 1
  8. Waddle

Jul 1, 2014
    Korea
    The only problem with the Evic VTC mini is the 510 and it drives me crazy. You'll find that if the atty's 510 is a little long it will wobble on the mod. Maybe half my attys fit flush. Otherwise it works reasonably well. I really only use TC on my drippers now.

My Bellus, Nectar, and Avocado are all on the way. :)

9. nwasiq

Dec 26, 2014
    Cheonan
    Well then thankfully my serpent and subtank sit flush on it!

Do share your experience when you get them :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. Waddle

Jul 1, 2014
    Korea
    Well looks like the Avocado won't be in stock for another 2 weeks if I'm lucky, so I opted out.

Still waiting for my Bellus and Nectar, and starting to think they are lost in the mail :(

11. nwasiq

Dec 26, 2014
    Cheonan
    That sucks. Did you go for free shipping? For my last 2 or 3 orders I opted for the EMS speedpost and I think it's worth it; I got all of them within the week!

12. Waddle

Jul 1, 2014
    Korea
    Never had a problem with China Post before now. Probably a hundred or so orders all received. But two different orders have now gone off the radar. But I think you're right, EMS is the only way to go.

• Like Like x 1
  13. nwasiq

Dec 26, 2014
    Cheonan
    Hey did you check out the velocity style RTAs like the Griffin and the new Billow v3? I have a severe itch to purchase one! Maybe building dual coils would be effortless on such tanks.. But I don't know, they suck up juice so fast and the battery life is horrendous on dual coils; so many downsides and you basically just get more vapor. Do you think it's worth it?

Edit: thevapor is selling the Griffin at a very reasonable price too (39000 won I think), which means that I'd get it within 2-3 days - a very big reason for my "itch" :p

• Like Like x 1
  14. Waddle

Jul 1, 2014
    Korea
    theVapor has some reasonable prices on atomizers. And less likely to get lost in the mail :( I was actually thinking about the Zephyrus V2 (~35,000W) because you can build single or dual coils. The only problem with dual coils, and it's a subjective opinion, is that it takes longer to wick. Silly reason I know, but with single coils its just less maintenance. I have a velocity RDA and while the decks are easy to build, I don't see them as all that much of an advantage over other decks.

15. nwasiq

Dec 26, 2014
    Cheonan
    lol, that really is weird. So, you don't really miss your dual coil tanks?

16. Waddle

Jul 1, 2014
    Korea
    Yeah I've been using them exclusively at the moment as they are the only ones with wide enough juice channels to handle heavy VG. Basically my Fogger V6 and Goblin V1 are my only 2 attys in rotation. I have a SXK Nebula Wine that works well, but the whistle drives me crazy.

So I'm on the hunt for some new single coil attys. I just want something that's quick to re-wick. I'm really tired with all the time I spend to maintain these things. I'm tempted to buy a decent sub-ohm tank and start buying pre-made coils again. I read the Uwell Crown tanks have really long lasting pre-made coils. I don't really have time, or patience, these days for anything other than plug & play. :)

17. nwasiq

Dec 26, 2014
    Cheonan
    The problem with subohm tanks these days is that they require so much wattage. I bought the new verticle coils for the subtank because I heard many good things about them, but you don't get good enough flavor until you vape at 35-40 watts!

• Like Like x 1
  18. nwasiq

Dec 26, 2014
    Cheonan
    on a side note, what was the thread that got deleted and why? I'm really not that familiar with the forum rules

19. Waddle

Jul 1, 2014
    Korea
    Yeah I'm not sure what the other thread was about either. The title is gone.

20. Waddle

Jul 1, 2014
    Korea
    I tried the sub-tank vertical coils that came with my authentic and I found them okay around 30 watts. But you're right, all these pre-built coils are heavy gauge wire. But I find it easier to change out a battery than a wick. And batteries I have in an over abundant supply. How many watts do you vape your Serpent at, it can't be less than about 25 watts I imagine.

If battery life is your concern then you will find dual coils will drain your batteries pretty fast too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.