• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Samsung 25r's question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Oh I didn't know you still preferred MTL draws. It'll be great for you then, I'm sure.

Edit: but is MTL satisfying enough for you with just 3mg strength juices? I quit on MTL months ago because I didn't want to go through the hassle of making different strength liquids

Well I'm not actually a MTL, more of a restricted draw. My go to attys are usually the Kronos or Taifun GT v2. But with the cooler weather I find they are not wicking as well with the high VG (80/20) liquids I use. Once summer comes along things will be right again. I only add nicotine because zero nicotine liquid just lacks something. After reading, I doubt that the Bellus will be Kayfun tight, but probably suit my vaping style perfectly even with single coil.

EDIT: I'm tempted these days to go with an RDTA like the Avocado or Fodi because the only attys not giving me problems are my RDAs. But I hate dripping. By the looks of these RDTAs they have a juice capacity of about 3ml, easy to refill, and huge juice channels.

Last edited:

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Yeah I think you'll love the Bellus then.

The only tanks I vape on these days are the Serpent and the Subtank (with the new rba base) with no issues whatsoever; most of my liquids are 85/15 (I don't use PG at all). I was surprised to read that you had problems with the subtank. Maybe you have the older RBA base that sucked at wicking? I only use a twisted 28g coil on it, 6 wraps, about 0.7-0.8 ohms.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
No I have the new RBA plus for the subtank and for the love of me I can't get to vape any higher than 12 watts (0.5 ohm standard microcoil) without dry hits. Maybe you wouldn’t mind taking a picture of how you wick it. The only way I can get a reasonable vape out of it is with vertical coils but it's too time consuming to wick.

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
The cotton should be a tight-ish fit inside the coil; not TOO tight, tight enough so that it doesn't move easily if you try. And the tails of the cotton should be short enough that they rest on that platform, any lower than that is no good. Also, I fluff the ends a little with the scissors I use.

EDIT: that's a twisted 28g coil, 0.74 ohms, but I've used 6 wrap 26g standard coils on it without any issues before.

Attachments

• IMG_20160308_152659.jpg
    IMG_20160308_152659.jpg
    827.5 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Waddle

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Yup tried it that way too, thinned it, fluffed it, tight in the coil, loose in the coil, macrocoil, microcoil, and can't get it above about 12 watts. I've been vaping for about 6-7 years now and I can pretty much get my head around most attys, but this one throws me for a loop. Pretty much given up on it. Thanks none the less :)

Reactions: nwasiq

nwasiq

ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2014
Cheonan
Hey did you check out the velocity style RTAs like the Griffin and the new Billow v3? I have a severe itch to purchase one! Maybe building dual coils would be effortless on such tanks.. But I don't know, they suck up juice so fast and the battery life is horrendous on dual coils; so many downsides and you basically just get more vapor. Do you think it's worth it?

Edit: thevapor is selling the Griffin at a very reasonable price too (39000 won I think), which means that I'd get it within 2-3 days - a very big reason for my "itch" :p

Reactions: Waddle

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
theVapor has some reasonable prices on atomizers. And less likely to get lost in the mail :( I was actually thinking about the Zephyrus V2 (~35,000W) because you can build single or dual coils. The only problem with dual coils, and it's a subjective opinion, is that it takes longer to wick. Silly reason I know, but with single coils its just less maintenance. I have a velocity RDA and while the decks are easy to build, I don't see them as all that much of an advantage over other decks.

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
Yeah I've been using them exclusively at the moment as they are the only ones with wide enough juice channels to handle heavy VG. Basically my Fogger V6 and Goblin V1 are my only 2 attys in rotation. I have a SXK Nebula Wine that works well, but the whistle drives me crazy.

So I'm on the hunt for some new single coil attys. I just want something that's quick to re-wick. I'm really tired with all the time I spend to maintain these things. I'm tempted to buy a decent sub-ohm tank and start buying pre-made coils again. I read the Uwell Crown tanks have really long lasting pre-made coils. I don't really have time, or patience, these days for anything other than plug & play. :)

Last edited:

Waddle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2014
Korea
The problem with subohm tanks these days is that they require so much wattage. I bought the new verticle coils for the subtank because I heard many good things about them, but you don't get good enough flavor until you vape at 35-40 watts!

I tried the sub-tank vertical coils that came with my authentic and I found them okay around 30 watts. But you're right, all these pre-built coils are heavy gauge wire. But I find it easier to change out a battery than a wick. And batteries I have in an over abundant supply. How many watts do you vape your Serpent at, it can't be less than about 25 watts I imagine.

If battery life is your concern then you will find dual coils will drain your batteries pretty fast too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread