Status
Not open for further replies.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Just got mine earlier today and wanted to make a few comments.

The first two I pulled out of the box metered at 2.3Ω. My juice bottles already have needle tips so filling was easy-peasy. Right off the bat vapor production was excellent, but the taste of my juice was "off", so I emptied the carto and rinsed it out with water. After blowing it out and doing a few quick dry burns I refilled it and continued. Taste was still a little burnt so I took it off my 3.7v box mod and put it on a 510 mega batt, which immediately improved the taste. I think a higher ohm carto (or running at lower voltage) will go a long way towards fixing any flavor issues people might be having. I look forward to trying the 3Ω version when it comes out.

As far as the carto itself, no leaks so far. I like the juice capacity but I'd *love* to see a shorter (1/2") ROUND mouthpiece for these.. maybe sold as an accessory item(?). I carry a box mod in a belt pouch and these extra long cartos tend to catch on things which can yank the connector right out of a box mod (I busted one like that just getting up out of a chair while out eating).

I haven't needed to clean it yet but that'll be coming up soon. That's going to be a BIG test for me because my juice clogs up attys pretty fast and these will have to be easily cleaned to keep me interested. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
a little message someone just sent us now, one of so many

"".I also wanted to commend you guys on the Sapphire Bud system as it just works and most all other atomizer/cartomizer/tank systems require some amount of extra "work" or "adjustment" to achieve that "just works" experience.The Sapphire does exactly what it is supposed to do and does it well and the only thing I can see someone having a problem/issue with is the fact that it is a "different" vaping experience.There is nothing to really compare it to in today's market and I will most certainly be ordering more of both.""

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
Follow-up:

I just got through taking this thing apart and dry-burning the coil. After 1 fill of tobbaco/menthol the wick near the coil was black. Replacing the wick took a few tries and a little swearing but it looks like something that'll get easier with practice (doubling a piece of CE2 wick and pushing it in with a paperclip has turned out to be the best method for me so far). Everything went back together easy enough and so far, no leaks.

BanjoMan

Pickin' Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 9, 2009
Greensboro, NC
I didn't have a lot of material lying around so I ended up cutting the wick off an older CE2-XL. It was the thinner stuff.. that's why I had to double it. So far it's working fine and I can't tell any difference between it and the original wick (which appeared to be three strands of a fairly thin material).

Banjoman, was that a doubled "fat" wick or an older thin wick?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread