Status
Not open for further replies.

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
Lots of people have received their satin silver blems from the latest round available From ProVape and can't seem to find the blem. Just got mine today and I was hard pressed to find anything wrong. That is until I thought outside the box.

I happen to have a non blem satin silver so decided to compare. The first thing I noticed when holding them is the blem was not as smooth as the non blem. Very slight but it is more abrasive.

The second thing is, and some of you may not even see this, but the color is slightly off on the blem.

The blem is on the right and the non blem is on the left.

vapynequ.jpg

qy8atu3a.jpg

So it appears that my hunch may have been right. I thought all along since no one can find anything like a scratch or ding that it might have been something with the finish that was causing the large quantity of satin silver blems. They appear to not be as polished as they should be.

Disclaimer: Speaking for myself this does not bother me in the least for two reasons. First this is going to be my out and about daily driver and is gonna be wrapped. Second if I didn't have anything to compare it to I would have never noticed the difference.

Tap'd from my LG G2

Last edited:

Garemlin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2013
In the Mist
I'm thinking that maybe they just had a batch that didn't get polished up to their standards. Instead of clogging the machine with rework they figure they could just blow them out as blems. Think about it. They are still making money or they wouldn't be selling them. And I am sure they are selling like crazy. It is a quick way to boost sales without having an actual sale.

Oh and for the record those pics were taken outside in direct sunlight.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
I'm thinking that maybe they just had a batch that didn't get polished up to their standards. Instead of clogging the machine with rework they figure they could just blow them out as blems.

Yeah, I really don't know.. just throwing out some possibilities, since it apparently might have affected other colors besides the Emerald Green..

Not sure the cerakoted ones even go through a process that would do something like that...

As for the satin silver blems, who knows.. Was there something wrong with the glass material used to give them their finish, for example?

Starting at the 27:25 mark..

I bet Phil messed up her count! ;)

A PBusardo Video - My Visit To ProVape - Part 1 - YouTube

WorksForMe

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
N.N., Virginia
Looking at these pictures, I’m guessing there is a difference in the steel they’re made from. I work in an auto parts factory that machines a lot of little steel parts. Once in a while, they get in steel that’s not up to their quality standards and has to be sent back.

J.R.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Good find! Based on the pics my blem looks like the one on the right for sure. More of a muted / faded silver than shiny.

This explains why none of us could find a blem. :)

But not for those of us who never found the blem on our satin silver V2. Mine is the same color/texture as my non-blem V2.5.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Here's another thing to check: Does your button rattle a bit?

My blem does. Just a bit. But the full price one does not.

All of my buttons rattle, except the last two I got (the bronze in December and the green a couple of months ago) and the Stealths (which have different buttons anyway). How weird! I never noticed that until now.

The ProVari buttons always used to have a bit of a rattle, there have been old posts about playing with them.

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A
But not for those of us who never found the blem on our satin silver V2. Mine is the same color/texture as my non-blem V2.5.

I'm guessing he was talking about this most-recent crop of blems..

Perhaps it also affected some previous batches, too...

My non-blem's button is the tiniest bit jiggly/rattley, and you have to play with it to know..

Always been that way.. Purchased in Jan '14...

Never viewed it as an issue or potential issue..

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
I'm guessing he was talking about this most-recent crop of blems..

Perhaps it also affected some previous batches, too...

My non-blem's button is the tiniest bit jiggly/rattley, and you have to play with it to know..

Always been that way.. Purchased in Jan '14...

Never viewed it as an issue or potential issue..

It was never considered a bad thing, just part of the ProVari. As I said, many of us liked to play with them. I would unconsciously tap on it when I was thinking about something. Lately, I have been chewing on the drip tip instead, so I didn't notice there wasn't a jiggle.

lizziebith

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2010
Austin, TX
Now I want to play wiith all my buttons! :laugh:

I got my mini satin silver blem today (it will be departing tomorrow for a custom paint job) and I noticed that the standard end cap looked pretty bad! Scratched inside and out. It doesn't matter, as I'll never use it. The extension cap doesn't have that "buttery" feel -- but I'll be fixing that shortly. All in all, a great deal was scored!

Gato del Jugo

ProVarinati
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2013
US o' A

Anarchy84

Jun 4, 2014
Milwaukee, WI

The loaner Provari I was using prior to buying my own (v2) had a button that rattled quite a bit, but my blem 2.5's does not. I always assumed the v2 had button rattle because of extensive use. Interesting that it was like that from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread