Satin Vs Polished Examples

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I get a lot of requests asking the difference between satin and polished. Regardless if its a Shockwave, PrecisePlus or Precise ELA, Satin Vs. Polished looks approximately like this:

Satin Finish:
5h2u8FD.jpg

Polished Finish:

PreciseELA518500P.jpg

Last edited:

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
my Ti Wand is perfect for the satin ELA and P+ finish.... yow!

btw, a little OT... David, I heard that some of the P+ shipped out with a Kicklet flat cap because you were out of flat caps at the time?

Anyway, I have a P+ coming my way and it has a slant top... i have a Kicklet with flat cap. Will the flat cap from it be good for my uses? (genesis attys).

Will we be able to get flat caps when you revamp for more P+ production ?

Vcoupe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
Gotham
I get a lot of requests asking the difference between satin and polished. Regardless if its a Shockwave, PrecisePlus or Precise ELA, Satin Vs. Polished looks approximately like this:

Satin Finish:
5h2u8FD.jpg

Polished Finish:

PreciseELA518500P.jpg

Perhaps I'm wrong by looking at the photos but the satin has a coated titanium esque finish where the polished has a machined- low luster like finish. I may be wrong but I think David is going for the "machine-function" look where the real detail is in the engineering qualities vs visual "bling ." A GG/ caravela seem to be after the latter for comparison. Germany VS italy :).

Nicblazer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Indiana
Perhaps I'm wrong by looking at the photos but the satin has a coated titanium esque finish where the polished has a machined- low luster like finish. I may be wrong but I think David is going for the "machine-function" look where the real detail is in the engineering qualities vs visual "bling ." A GG/ caravela seem to be after the latter for comparison. Germany VS italy :).

Dave makes Glocks, not Kimbers. :). Extremely reliable and with a beauty of their own.

Loved your comparison, V.

Edit: I hope Dave doesn't take offense to that. I absolutely love my Glocks. They just work. Plus, they are beautiful to me.

Nic

Last edited:

Vcoupe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2013
Gotham
Dave makes Glocks, not Kimbers. :). Extremely reliable and with a beauty of their own.

Loved your comparison, V.

Edit: I hope Dave doesn't take offense to that. I absolutely love my Glocks. They just work. Plus, they are beautiful to me.

Nic

Nothing wrong with that, bling is usually gaudy whereas beautiful details/ or mechanical beauty is a true accomplishment. That is not to put down the other mods I mentioned because they are great from what I hear. I personally enjoy metal work, and the precise looks like an instrument VS looking like a big shiny metal vibrator that I suck on :D. To each their own!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread