Status
Not open for further replies.

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
I got a shipment in yesterday and began experimentin. Needless to say, I overdid a few of em, mixin up some odd tastin stuff and ruining a couple of batches. I was gonna trash em or let em steep and see if they got better (like I've done before to no avail). Well today I tried em and they are all quite vapable because I woke up with a cold and can't taste anything. So until I get over this cold, I'm gonna get my fix with these junk recipes and not waste my good stuff. I'm even pullin on some old junk I've had 3 weeks that I couldn't hack before but it's as good as anything right now. Waste not want not:)

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Three things you can do with marginal juices ...

1> Save them for a time when you fail to order and are just about out until the postman arrives. They taste much better then.

2> Warm them in a pot of hot water for 30 minutes with the caps and tips off and then allow them to sit on a counter for a week with the tops and tips off. Squeeze the bottle once or twice a day to exhaust the air in the bottle and allow fresh air to enter. That will improve the flavor unless it's just inherently terrible and not something you want anyway.

3> Pour them on a fire ant hill. The nicotine will wipe out the colony.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I recently saved half of a 50ml bottle of Dekang Tobacco that had a bitter taste by steeping. It was apparently alcohol that needed to evaporate. I"m vaping some of that right now.

Some juices are bottled a little too fresh. During that steeping round I had some juice that tasted soapy. I haven't tried it yet, but all in all there was over 80ml of juice involved in the week long steep. That much is worth a try. I just kept them for a while until I had enough to make it worthwhile.

Last edited:

Elantis

~≈Dragonfly≈~
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2012
Hoosier Cornhusker
In my DIY journey, I have made a few not so viable juices, I have a special drawer I store them in, since my nic level has dropped considerably since beginning DIY and I bring them out again, dilute and add what I think might help the mix.

I think I have only poured one down the drain...nothing helped it :D

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
In my DIY journey, I have made a few not so viable juices, I have a special drawer I store them in, since my nic level has dropped considerably since beginning DIY and I bring them out again, dilute and add what I think might help the mix.

I think I have only poured one down the drain...nothing helped it :D
Another Excellent idea

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab
Fortunately I've never faced this kind of vape desperation. If I'm going to fill my house with stuff saved "just in case" it'll be something more important than junk juice. Geez.

I have 15ml so far that I'm usin with this cold because it tastes the same as my good stuff. If I or anybody else made enough "junk juice" to to be considered a hoarder, I would suggest they find another hobby. I don't think anybody intends to get stupid about it. Geez :2cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread