Saw Tasty Vapor for Sale at My Local Mall...

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpnsvtoys

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2008
Winchester, Va
Went to lunch today and wanted to see what the new kiosk in the middle of the mall was offering for e-cigs...I wasn't expecting anything great of course and they didn't have much for electronics, just some cheapo 510 stuff (no ego stuff.) I continued to look around and to my surprise I found three bottles of liquid from my favorite vendor - Tasty Vapor...I don't remember the exact flavors but Rootbeer was one of them...The big downfall they wanted $25 for TV's regular $15 bottle and that's not considering TV's $10 FOTW specials...

Just another mall kiosk charging ridiculous prices...Nothing new here, but if I were in a real pinch at least I could get some TV liquid.

Winchester Vapor - Apple Blossom Mall - Winchester, VA

VaporingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2010
Virginia
Hey thats my mall too!!! I was just there and didn't see it. I am going to have to go snoop around and see whats going on. Where in the mall were they located?

Went to lunch today and wanted to see what the new kiosk in the middle of the mall was offering for e-cigs...I wasn't expecting anything great of course and they didn't have much for electronics, just some cheapo 510 stuff (no ego stuff.) I continued to look around and to my surprise I found three bottles of liquid from my favorite vendor - Tasty Vapor...I don't remember the exact flavors but Rootbeer was one of them...The big downfall they wanted $25 for TV's regular $15 bottle and that's not considering TV's $10 FOTW specials...

Just another mall kiosk charging ridiculous prices...Nothing new here, but if I were in a real pinch at least I could get some TV liquid.

Winchester Vapor - Apple Blossom Mall - Winchester, VA

FreeFlow

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
London, Ontario Canada
www.youtube.com
Actually that is probably a fair price. If they paid $10-15 directly from TV. When you own a business in a mall 100% markup is fairly normally. Thats usually the markup on an item that is on sale. Regular priced items are usually marked up 125- 150% thats why I don't shop at the mall.

I agree that that price is more then fair for reselling, however I doubt that Geoff is cool with it.

blackwalk

ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2010
Panama City, FL
I agree that that price is more then fair for reselling, however I doubt that Geoff is cool with it.

I don't see why not. The bottle clearly has his website on it, so it could be considered free advertising.

If something were to happen to my juice supply and I was caught without, I would be very happy to be able to go to the mall and buy TV juice and have it in hand immediately.

spaky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2009
Making cement boots
There's one thing that I don't understand about people on this board. Most everyone says they want stores that sell ecigs and supplies, but then complain when the prices are higher than they are online. I'm pretty sure you can get most anything cheaper online than in stores.

What price would those that think this is too much to charge for the juice think is a fair price to resell it?

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
spaky277 said:
There's one thing that I don't understand about people on this board. Most everyone says they want stores that sell ecigs and supplies, but then complain when the prices are higher than they are online. I'm pretty sure you can get most anything cheaper online than in stores.

What price would those that think this is too much to charge for the juice think is a fair price to resell it?
Well that's the thing that sucks about e-cigs starting off online. Most everyone got their first kits online. We've been spoiled by the prices.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
markimar said:
I don't think that's kewl at all because in the end it's tastyvapor's name on it. 3rd party you lose quality control! They could be selling 2 year old bottles, and who knows what's been done to it. And all that person sees is tastyvapor. So if it's a bum bottle it reflects negatively on TV. Not cool in my book
Totally agree with you.

ames001

ECF Veteran
Jan 11, 2010
Canada

as an example, to buy genuine (not the tea bag version) green tea costs $40 CAN a pound (you steep it three times but still) at a store (thats plus all the gas trying to find a place that actually sells it) but i buy mine online and pay $9-$13USD a pound.

example #2: i buy my eye shadow online (all the components anyway) mixed, 1 jar costs .82 USD. for that same size (or very slightly(Ie, a half gram) ) larger jar, it costs over $7CAN

So they aren't charging a horrendous price for reselling - especially in the mall. doesn't change the fact that they should leave selling the juice to Geoff and the team, but its not that expensive

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
They could be selling 2 year old bottles, and who knows what's been done to it.
Good trick, considering that TV's first anniversary is this week.

Why would they do anything to it? There's no more reason for Modern Vapor to taint the product they sell in some way than there is for a supermarket to do something to their food products.

Tasty Vapor's FAQ talks about the possibility of a wholesale program so they have obviously considered making their products available for resale by a third party. It says the reason they don't have wholesale is because the volume they would have to produce for their retail and wholesale clients would result in a potential loss of quality control. It further states that the quantity discounts (at $100 and $200) are in lieu of wholesale pricing.

From that I infer that TV is not against 3rd party resale of their liquids in principle. If they would prefer to be notified by retailer who are going to do so they could a) request that on the TV website or b) contact Modern Vapor now that xpnsvtoys has informed them that MV is selling TV products.

Similarly, if Geoff and the team are worried about the possibility of people selling old TV liquid, they can add the date mixed to the labels.

Last edited:

VaporingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2010
Virginia
I agree with you Poeia and as it is stated in the FAQ. I just hope the liquid is stored properly.
I did talk to the sales person there as a general inquiry and he was very respectful when speaking of Tasty Vapor as he explained that Tasty Vapor was more of a gourmet liquid company when I asked what the difference was between MV and TV. He did make some false statements but they were minor IMO. I would also imagine that he as well as the owner is a member of this forum as they are familiar with TV and MV. Really I can't hardly blame him. If I were to go into business with e-cigs I would want to only sell TV :) why sell anything less than the best! btw I didn't see and 510 kits just the MV Sidesho kit.

Good trick, considering that TV's first anniversary is this week.

Why would they do anything to it? There's no more reason for Modern Vapor to taint the product they sell in some way than there is for a supermarket to do something to their food products.

Tasty Vapor's FAQ talks about the possibility of a wholesale program so they have obviously considered making their products available for resale by a third party. It says the reason they don't have wholesale is because the volume they would have to produce for their retail and wholesale clients would result in a potential loss of quality control. It further states that the quantity discounts (at $100 and $200) are in lieu of wholesale pricing.

From that I infer that TV is not against 3rd party resale of their liquids in principle. If they would prefer to be notified by retailer who are going to do so they could a) request that on the TV website or b) contact Modern Vapor now that xpnsvtoys has informed them that MV is selling TV products.

Similarly, if Geoff and the team are worried about the possibility of people selling old TV liquid, they can add the date mixed to the labels.

Xanax

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2010
East Coast
CaptJay said:
I have to say if I could get TV liquids at my mall, even at mark up,(providing this is a legit business venture approved by Geoff) I probably would lol
Imagine just popping out and having TV juice in my bag in mintues...yum.
Well at least any new vapers that buy from that kiosk are being introduced to the best liquid out there :) I wish I could have had that kind of introduction to e-cigs.

xpnsvtoys

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2008
Winchester, Va
Don't get me wrong, I think it's great that I can actually go to the mall and buy TV liquid if need be...However, I am concerned about the one thing that really sets TV apart from others and that is fresh, mixed to order liquid.

I understand the mark up as I have ran a brick and mortar and e-commerce store for over 8 years, if you can't make a profit you'll never survive. I guess I am just spoiled with vaping quality TV liquid for so long at such an affordable price...I wish them the best and I hope they do well...I just noticed it and had to tell all...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread