Status
Not open for further replies.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
I've been using my SB since about the beginning of the year, it was sent in to Mr Chad to get the 510 connector replaced (Thanks again :) ) and it's been working like a charm.

Lately, however, I've been having some issues. The kick's cutting out sooner, and I'm wondering if it's possible for the hot spring to oxidize/corrode/anything like that? Also, is the spring supposed to have a resistance?

I have one of the brassy looking ones.

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
I've been using my SB since about the beginning of the year, it was sent in to Mr Chad to get the 510 connector replaced (Thanks again :) ) and it's been working like a charm.

Lately, however, I've been having some issues. The kick's cutting out sooner, and I'm wondering if it's possible for the hot spring to oxidize/corrode/anything like that? Also, is the spring supposed to have a resistance?

I have one of the brassy looking ones.

Yes, due to the high copper content of the spring it will oxidize. It is easy to remove and sand the top and the bottom of the spring. While you have the spring out clean the bottom of the tube with alcohol and cotton ball. Cleaning the main threads of the unit is suggested as well ever couple of weeks.

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
Thanks again, Mr Chad. Always quick with the helpful answers.

I went ahead and lightly sanded the spring, cleaned the tube, and re-applied the Noalox. Much better! Now I just hope that the kick will last a little longer before it decides to get all fiddly. 3.8v seems early for it to be shutting down.

Side note: I bought a GG Penelope rebuildable attty, and this thing is awesome. It also happens to look amazing on my bullet. Thought that you might like to see it. :)

SBPenelope.jpg

cddz

Supplier's Manufacturer - Offline
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2009
Newark, Ohio
Thanks again, Mr Chad. Always quick with the helpful answers.

I went ahead and lightly sanded the spring, cleaned the tube, and re-applied the Noalox. Much better! Now I just hope that the kick will last a little longer before it decides to get all fiddly. 3.8v seems early for it to be shutting down.

Side note: I bought a GG Penelope rebuildable attty, and this thing is awesome. It also happens to look amazing on my bullet. Thought that you might like to see it. :)

SBPenelope.jpg

Holy hell that is a good looking atomizer. :)

Xaiver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2011
Clearwater, MN
Is that a custom turned hourglass shaped SB on the right?? Looks sweet if it is!

That's an Alpha, made by Mr Chad here as well.

It's a 14500 mechanical mod, no button, the top cap depresses. It was my first advanced mod, and I still use it...which is why the finish is all scratched up. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread